Panglao money exchange?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Smit

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm going to be staying in Panglao for a week at the end of January. Can anybody tell me if there are any good places to do foreign currents exchanges near there?

I understand the ATMs away from major cities and banks are spotty sometimes so I'm thinking of taking more large American bills and exchanging them when I get there. But without good FX markets they won't do me much good. :)
TIA for any information you can give me!

I am. Thanks for the advice! :cheers:

I usually take pesos in my own country then withdrawal at a bank when I'm there, or use CC/PayPal for large purchases (like diving). But I'm sure you'll find a decent reputable exchange place in Bohol.

Some places might even take USD

I used the ATMs in panglao at Alona beach. If you walk up the main street, you will see a mcdonalds. If you turn left the Bank of the Philippine Islands is about 50 feet on the opposite side of the street. If you turn right the Phillipines National Bank branch is about 100 feet up the road. Both of the Banks were fine with my US based credit and debit cards at bank rates.

I changed money at the Manila airport (highly recommend for amazing rates), but since a lot of places only took cash, I had to go to the ATM periodically. ATMs were no problem except in puerto Galera where they ran out of money.

I believe you are one of the member in SB invasion of Philippines.
Change the money at T3 in Manila.
Can I get back to the FX changer at T3 without going thru security? Or can we check in to the hotel and go back later?

I used Banco de Oro at arrivals at Terminal 1. 0.5% off the published rate and it was a super convenient transaction. Later when I changed in Terminal 3, I got 0.2% off the published rate again at the Banco de Oro. On $1000 dollars this is a difference of $3. As I recall, both times the best money exchange banks were outside the security area. These are the best exchange rates I have ever seen at an Airport. My ATM rates were not nearly this good. Money changers at Alona Beach were charging 1.5-2%

This site has some articles about changing money at manila airport that I found useful and has some details on where the exchanges are located. https://thaiest.com/philippines/travel/currency-exchange-at-manila-airport-naia-terminal-1

Cheers,
mason

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom