So conflicted - Perdix AI, or wait and gamble on a Peregrine AI appearing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yea, right!

“Receipt must be dated between March 15 and May 15, 2021.”
Look more closely. There is a clickable link for no purchase.

I doubt you'll see a Pergerine AI

An AI Perfergine may cull Perdix AI sales

If I were Shearwater, I'd certainly not make the Pergerine AI a Perdix AI alternative unless I intend to retire the Perdix series

For older eyes, the larger display (Perdix/Peregrine) is nicer.

I don't think size is the issue. The teric is actually easier to read out of the corner of your eye and at angles than a perdix because the contrast is so much better.

I don't think size is the issue. The teric is actually easier to read out of the corner of your eye and at angles than a perdix because the contrast is so much better.

If you’re doing SM with two transmitters and want both tank pressures on the screen, the Teric display is too dinky and crowded for my eyes. Someone once showed me the Teric display with both tank pressures displayed. Ugh.

If you’re doing SM with two transmitters and want both tank pressures on the screen, the Teric display is too dinky and crowded for my eyes. Someone once showed me the Teric display with both tank pressures displayed. Ugh.

I use a teric with 2 transmitters also. The better contrast beats size hands down. You really need to do a side by side dive comparison to see the difference (I have).

I use a teric with 2 transmitters also. The better contrast beats size hands down. You really need to do a side by side dive comparison to see the difference (I have).

I’ve got two Perdix. No urge to change.

Since I started this.... I went with the Perdix AI + SWITFT transmitter.

I bought a Perdix AI but no transmitter as my eyesight wasn't the best.. Then I got a digital console SPG which is also easy to read. Then I dropped around US$10,000 getting tri focal ocular lenses and cataracts done in both eyes. Now I can see like an eagle for the rest of my life. Best investment for aging eyes.

You made a good choice I am so happy with my Perdix.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom