The most dives...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would put @drbill and @Akimbo and @Sam Miller III and @Angelo Farina in the top 5.

A long-time instructor certainly has more dives than I do. Keep in mind that saturation dives are counted seal-to-seal, which can be 30-45 days apart. Seal meaning when the pressure seating hatch makes a seal at the start of the pressurization cycle and breaks at the end of decompression.

A long-time instructor certainly has more dives than I do. Keep in mind that saturation dives are counted seal-to-seal, which can be 30-45 days apart. Seal meaning when the pressure seating hatch makes a seal at the start of the pressurization cycle and breaks at the end of decompression.

I worked on a Diver Support Vessel for a mission last year and got to tour the chambers and dive bell. Hat off to y'all. Wouldn't be for me

O.K. You're 477th on the list. :wink:
Cheers.

You can lead the logged minutes board.

Maybe time to discuss logged dive as opposed to hours of hyperbaric exposure, which is the reason dives are logged.

Hi @Akimbo

I assume that saturation diving has decreased significantly with the advent of other methods to monitor deep depths, is that correct? Of course, there are certain things that only a diver could do.

"logged dives"? First, just scuba or does that include free diving? Then you have the person with 1000 dives of 20 min or less, and others with a 1/4 of that but their dives are all over an hour each.

A good example is my recent entry into cave diving, other than training dives, I dont have a "dive" of under an hour bottom time, and some are 3 hours or more. So I log 1 dive of 3 hours, someone else logs 9 dives of 20 min.

Point, tell him not to get caught up with numbers. One good dives is worth 30 bad ones!

O.K. You're 477th on the list. :wink:
Cheers.

I only bring it up as a way to challenge @Ukmc's son's imagination.

Personally, for me, the number is not important, but he associates it with experience and authority on the subject.

Number of dives is indicator, as many threads on ScubaBoard have debated. But what else counts? Depth, duration, dive conditions, dive objectives, site diversity? Do a 1000 hours following a compass in total darkness by military combat swimmers count the same as 1000 dives in a pond on your farm? How about miles deep in a cave versus swimming five times as far off a tropical beach?

This inevitably goes to the question of what makes a good diver. I'm still searching for that answer.

Points well taken. So I have 1972 dives since 1997, 1953:49, for an average dive time of 0:59. This is in a wide variety of circumstances. Of course, this is nothing compared to professional divers.

Everyone says dive numbers don't count.

They why is that the only dive statistic that dive shops ask? (They only ask certification level and number of dives, never total bottom time, never variety of dive types, never average SAC etc.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom