The most dives...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ukmc

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Divemaster
Reaction score
Ok, my 11 year old has been bugging me to ask this question. I have been resistant in the past because it is silly, but I understand why he is asking. :) He has been reading some posts and very interested in diving. He certified at 10 and has been diving and learning a lot about science of diving and marine ecology.
So he wants to know, who on this board has logged the most dives? :D

I suspect the answers for “Who has logged the most dives” and “Who has done the most dives” are different.

An instructor friend of mine has a several year gap where he didn’t log dives. He only has a guesstimate for the number of dives in that period.

What changed? He got a new dive computer that sends dives to his phone via Bluetooth. He makes no annotations to them but counts that as logging.

When I switched to pro and started working in holiday resorts I stopped keeping a log.
Simply there was no time for it.
In 5 years of professional activity I estimated between 1000 and 1200 dives. But it is impossible to know the exact number..
And after the end of my pro career I did not resume logging.
So most of my dives are not logged.
It had never been a problem.. .

So he wants to know, who on this board has logged the most dives?

I was certified at 11 and it is a question I would have asked, though I would have probably phrased it "made" instead of "logged" since formal recording was rare in those days. So, as part of the his learning experience, how does he define a logged dive? Which is something that ScubaBoard is incapable of agreeing on.

I was certified at 11 and it is a question I would have asked, though I would have probably phrased it "made" instead of "logged" since formal recording was rare in those days. So, as part of the his learning experience, how does he define a logged dive? Which is something that ScubaBoard is incapable of agreeing on.
Haha. In his world it is a lot simpler then on SB. He is a rule follower. He was taught that he has to log every dive, so in his world logged dives and dive “made” is the same thing and also a point of pride :) . Personally, for me, the number is not important, but he associates it with experience and authority on the subject.

I have heard of some having over 10,000 dives (logged?). That is possible if you dive most of your life regularly-- the math is easy to do. Maybe we need "5,001-9,999" and "10,000+" categories? I too would be interested in who has logged the most on SB, so please give us some numbers folks. I'm only interested in number that are logged, as that is proof (unless you cheat for some unknown reason).

Ok, my 11 year old has been bugging me to ask this question. I have been resistant in the past because it is silly, but I understand why he is asking. :) He has been reading some posts and very interested in diving. He certified at 10 and has been diving and learning a lot about science of diving and marine ecology.
So he wants to know, who on this board has logged the most dives? :D
Hello. Regardless, of logged or not. I would put @drbill and @Akimbo and @Sam Miller III and @Angelo Farina in the top 5.
Who is the other one?
Cheers.

Neville Coleman was said to have recorded completing over 12,000 dives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom