Hotel Cozumel is now Wyndham Hotel Cozumel.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When fake booking to get prices you need to be careful that your random dates don't overlap things like Carnaval or other major holidays which always fill the resorts. For instance there's a major holiday other than Carnaval for Mexicans in mid to late Feb, spring break for schools in Canada or the US with varied dates depending on type of school (high school, university etc). Use the same dates for any comparisons or the prices won't really tell an accurate story.

The first fake booking was for the first Sat to Sat in April. The second I just did was for the first Sat to Sat in Dec. The second one was the same except $17 cheaper per night. To me still to much for what you get. Just me 2 cents worth.

uh oh......

It's great news for people with a ton of Wyndham points. Probably means prices will go up for everyone else.

Good news for anyone who has access to RCI as well.

I posted on TA the same. Did a booking during spring break (typically more expensive). AAA rate was $143/night for a king room. That included breakfast. To get the all inclusive rate was $309/nt!! $75 per person per day more for AI. We'll see how those rates hold up with bookings. Haven't stayed in a few years and wouldn't at those rates either. We stay in condos now anyways, so moot point for us. Waiting for Hyatt to acquire a property as I have tons of Hyatt points.

Just did a dummy booking for Apr 2021 for a Sat to Sat. The cheapest refundable was $157 a night for two but includes breakfast. Room only no diving. Points were 15,000 per night.
I checked November 11-18 with free breakfasts: $73/night non-refundable, $84/night free cancelation until the day before arrival.

From what I understand it's more a leasing of the name to become part of the franchise setup.
Yeah, plus reservations thru the chain.

First week of december Ai for 2 for 7 nights 800-900. I used to stay there and its a good deal. Eat breakfast and lunch then go to town for dinner. AI may not seem worth it but paying $2 for a coke everytime you want one adds up. I wondered what would happen with the hotel after the owner died practicing for the air show. He was a really nice guy.

Sometimes very high listed rates in the future are a way of saying "we aren't sure what we will be doing then but if you want to give us crazy money we'll take it".

Sometimes very high listed rates in the future are a way of saying "we aren't sure what we will be doing then but if you want to give us crazy money we'll take it".
Yeah, I like to plan ahead, but it's better to reserve with free cancelation, then look for bargains closer in.

Pork, pork, pork morning, noon, and night, but no bacon in sight.

Whatever they do, It couldn’t be any worse than that.

Yeah, even the Casa Mexicana over the past few years which ALWAYS had a heaping tray of bacon on the breakfast buffet daily started skimping to 2-3 times a week over the past few years. Lotsa sausage and those nasty little Mexican hot dogs but the bacon became a more rare commodity.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom