Hotel Cozumel is now Wyndham Hotel Cozumel.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sometimes very high listed rates in the future are a way of saying "we aren't sure what we will be doing then but if you want to give us crazy money we'll take it".

Exactly Reef Hound. I work in banking and have financed billions of dollars of new apartment complexes from the ground up. As those complexes lease up to full occupancy over say 12 months I can visit their websites and when I know they are at say 50% or 60% occupancy their websites will only show a few basic 1BR units listed as "available". All the other units will have a "Click to Check Availability", "Click to Contact for Pricing" or "Click to Receive A Notice When Available". It's a marketing game played that creates an image that the place is highly desirable, running at full occupancy, and selections are very limited. Creating that image drives the asking rents that generally reside at the top of the market while comparable properties that may only be a couple of years old are priced 10-15% lower. Just like cars, the MSRP is the price only a fool pays. New crazy rates placed out there because the property now flies the Weston Flag? No thanks. Reminds me of the old PLG that rolled to Palace Resorts and what was an $80 room per night for a couple turned into an AI for 2 at $200 -$250 per night. Same place, just added AI and those nasty funky jetted tubs in the middle of the rooms. I can buy lots of great food and drink on the island for the $100+ a day we save staying elsewhere than at an AI.

Back
Top Bottom