Cozumel COVID-19 updates

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What is there is that some countries have a better handle on this than others. Anything else is pure conjecture.
What you are saying is conjecture. Keep your mask on. But it won't save you long term.

Carpets are Oriental. People are Asian.
He may be my age and was taught that Oriental was the polite name for the race. Rules oon polite terms for races and nationalities change. During the Viet Nam war, other names were used but they were not polite.

It might, if it reduces an infectious dose from a severe case to a very mild case.

We don't know. But there are reasons and we should look into them rather than assuming that orientals are protected to some extent just because they wear masks.

You might be right, Don but I would hope Americans are learning to be a little less offensive when given the opportunity.

Carpets are Oriental. People are Asian.

Other than that, what's your point? That this is more genetic and less behavioral?

There's nothing wrong or insulting with referring to people from The Orient, as "Oriental" (and I'd hardly be offended at being referred to as Occidental).
And, it's completely possible that there are genetic factors that make some people more or less susceptible. Contrary to the contemporary cultural brainwashing you seem to be having a tough time working through, we are not all 100% identical......and there's nothing wrong, insulting, or racist about that, either.

There's nothing wrong or insulting with referring to people from The Orient, as "Oriental" (and I'd hardly be offended at being referred to as Occidental).
And, it's completely possible that there are genetic factors that make some people more or less susceptible. Contrary to the contemporary cultural brainwashing you seem to be having a tough time working through, we are not all 100% identical......and there's nothing wrong, insulting, or racist about that, either.
This is utter silliness. I'm not talking about Russians. I believe by using the word Oriental everybody understood who I was talking about.

This is utter silliness. I'm not talking about Russians. I believe by using the word Oriental everybody understood who I was talking about.

By using that word, you are embarrassing yourself. Do you use the "N" word (a word that once was widely used without a thought), too? I would assume you probably do (though maybe not in public), because the "O" word you insist on using is equally offensive and racist.

You are free to be that way, just be aware how it makes you look to others (like someone dressed up in a sheet, burning crosses at night).

Some folks are ignorant beyond belief...

MMM in 3.......2.......1.......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom