Cozumel Airport forbidden items

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is hitting every place. I go to Belize from time to time and received a tweet from one of the carriers there saying advising passengers for flights to the US to show up three hours prior to departure. It used to be two hours.

Actually the ban on electronics in the cabin has been eliminated, replaced by tighter screening of such devices before boarding. I just returned from Europe on the very day the new policy went into effect. All electronics had to be removed from bag at security, even my kindle, and people were randomly selected to have their bags searched at the gate.
This has nothing to do with Mexico specifically, of course, it applies to all international flights into the US.
Anybody else remember when you had to turn on your laptop at security to prove that there wasn't a bomb in it? Airplane mode was originally a state that allowed the computer to turn on instantly instead of booting up. And in Europe they weighed laptops for a few years in case some components had been replaced with explosives.
Getting there is no longer half the fun, for sure, but I still want to go!

This is hitting every place. I go to Belize from time to time and received a tweet from one of the carriers there saying advising passengers for flights to the US to show up three hours prior to departure. It used to be two hours.
This is how terrorism works. Most of its effects on our everyday lives are self-inflicted.

This is how terrorism works. Most of its effects on our everyday lives are self-inflicted.
Well for the rest of the world...this just tells us to avoid the States whenever possible when traveling. We have an upcoming business trip to Mexico and we are now rethinking our travel plans...

I’m due to fly out of cancun tomorrow back to the uk and have a sola video light and some eneloops for my strobe. In the hold? Or in the hand luggage? This is the question!

Twer it mine it would go in the hold. I've lost enough lithiums in carry on.

Twer it mine it would go in the hold. I've lost enough lithiums in carry on.
I would run it down to nothing charge wise and then have it with me in carry on. If they make me check it I don’t have to worry about it turning on and getting hot. Since the battery in a Sola is built in it is a grey area. Solas are notoriously easy to turn on and do get hot. My conscious would be much happier if it is close to me versus the hold. If it is in the hold I would know it’s harmless.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom