Cozumel Airport Prohibited Items Question, Specifically Batteries

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I guess it's a farm boy thing. Good tape can fix many problems.
I’ve never seen 2” electrical tape. I just ordered some from Amazon. Thanks Don!

I’ve never seen 2” electrical tape. I just ordered some from Amazon. Thanks Don!
I used it to tape the valve hole of my pony. No residue.

I used it to tape the valve hole of my pony. No residue.
I use the plastic bolts that come with the tanks from the manufacturer. If you need a few, let me know. Much easier!

I use the plastic bolts that come with the tanks from the manufacturer. If you need a few, let me know. Much easier!
DM sent with excitement!

Duct tape, super glue, and WD-40. Don't leave home without them. ;^)

It's good stuff. I first encountered it years ago when an electrician accidentally left a roll at my house. I've used it ever since.

Also, gorilla brand duct tape. Far superior to regular duct tape.

Confiscating a tiny allen wrench and duct/electrical tape?? Huh?? WTH for? Neither of those pose any more risk to anyone than say a pair of sunglass, a belt, a laptop power cord, etc, etc. How silly!

Duct tape, super glue, and WD-40. Don't leave home without them. ;^)
You don't fly with WD-40, do you? I think it's flammable altho I've never burned any.
Confiscating a tiny allen wrench
Tools have always been prohibited, and agents are supposed to stick to rules - not make judgments. Rules do change as that's part of the "Keep 'em guessing" approach so terrorists find it more difficult to take advantage of loopholes. Foreign security agents working US flights have different rules, but are supposed to meet US standards.

You don't fly with WD-40, do you? I think it's flammable altho I've never burned any.
I do, but it's in a pen type non aerosol applicator that has only a few ml of the stuff.

Confiscating a tiny allen wrench and duct/electrical tape?? Huh?? WTH for? Neither of those pose any more risk to anyone than say a pair of sunglass, a belt, a laptop power cord, etc, etc. How silly!
It has nothing to do with risk,
I had a set of screwdriver keys similar to these seized off my key chain.
1643992836410.png

The rule is 'no tools', without a definition or limitation of what is a 'tool'. These are primarily contract workers without job protection so often they strictly follow the rules to protect their jobs. It can be very frustrating but in their minds feeding their children often comes first over common sense.
It's not just a Mexico thing, when you get on the plane the FAA will fine the airline and FA if they do not teach you how to use that newfangled thing call a seat belt.

Back
Top Bottom