50+ year old divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Congratulations and thanks for your inspiring post. Every dive is a gift and thanks for reminding us of that. I wish you all the best and many more good periods when you can dive!:flowers:

Hear, hear! I couldn't agree more.

New York
Only 26 dives, but each one a treasure -
Long Island, Antigua, Bermuda, Key Largo, and St Maarten
(Hoping to make it to Bonaire this year)
No favorite dive shop
AOW, Nitrox

Just finished getting certified as an Advanced Diver the month I turned 69 years young.
This was cold water training, no 80 degree water up here in Northern California. These 5 training dives brings my count to 383.
I would rather be found sitting on the bottom at 100 feet with my dive computer in my hand, then sitting in front of the television with the changer in my hand. I just don't want to die before I'm dead.
icon_biggrin.gif

Been diving almost 1.5 years , nitrox aow cert. Dove dive no# 76 on my 53 rd birthday last Sunday at Blue Heron Bridge , in West Palm Beach Fla. Ive dove lakes , rivers , Fla springs , Bahamas , Cozumel. Water temps from 50-80. Really like diving with Capt. Van on the Narcosis in West Palm , and Aldora in Cozumel.

Just to update my status:

63 (and collecting Social Security)
In the last year gone from being out of diving (for quite a while) to adding over 100 dives and progressing through AOW to Rescue to Master Scuba Diver (9 Specialties) to EFR Instructor and now DM.

I can't give too much credit to my wife who says, "Go ahead, do what you love."

It also helps to live in a wonderful climate with year-around 3mm diving. :wink:

I envy your warm water. I am 65, diving since I turned 61. I am currently a Rescue Diver and I just signed up for Divemaster. Will go over 200 dives on my trip to Bonaire in 8 days, plus I get to try out my new camera.

Diving is an activity for a wide range of ages. I am going to Bonaire next month with my oldest son and we are planning a second Bonaire trip for August. The August trip will include both sons and my grandson.

This winter marks my 50th year on SCUBA, and I didn't count the time in Mom's womb since that was accomplished by using a modified tether.

This winter marks my 50th year on SCUBA, and I didn't count the time in Mom's womb since that was accomplished by using a modified tether.

Don't forget you had a catheter too.

52 Grand father of 7
Live in WA state at the base of Mt St Helen's with Sasquatch.
Dive the Puget sound area and B.C. but really love my annual trek to Kona.

OK, I am and wanted to see how many more of us are out there.
Where do you live?
Where do you dive?
Favorite dive shop?
Current certification?

I'm 52 and just finished my class and pool sessions. I'd like to find a place in the MS, ALA, FL area, SSI, I could get in my cert dives with an instructor. Any suggestions?

Just turned 55, certified in '81, dove regularly 'til '04 when...well...badness happened, see profile. Returned to diving this year, logged dives 300 and 301 a week ago & looking forward to more!

Gonna have to go back through this thread for inspiration.

Oh, reread first post:

Where do you live? Northern CA
Where do you dive? Monterey, shore diving mostly
Favorite dive shop? Blue Water Aquatics, Any Water Sports, Aquarius, miss Wallins
Current certification? NAUI Openwater

Back
Top Bottom