50+ year old divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just joined the 50+ group last year. My wife says I have to grow up now :(
From St. Albert, AB, Canada
We make 1 or 2 winter trips to the Caribbean each year. Never dove locally except the pool.
Actually use a 2 different shops here in town depending on the need.

aww come on.. surely you are too clever to listen to her! If we make it to our ages without growing up.... why change a good thing? Nice to see how many Canadians are posting here! I am privileged to be a dual citizen of two of the best countries in the world.. Canada and Australia! I haven't dived much in Canada tho

aww come on.. surely you are too clever to listen to her! If we make it to our ages without growing up.... why change a good thing?

But "She who must be obeyed" must be at least patronized. :)

0002031F.gif
I need to meet her.. I need lessons from such an accomplished person.. I can't get thanksforallthefish to obey or patronize me
smileypullinghairout.gif

56 .............Canada Mexico Roatan and Belize................commercial industrial certified welding cutting and fabrication............warf and rig work...............open water fun...........no faves.............most are pirates...lolol

56 .............Canada Mexico Roatan and Belize................commercial industrial certified welding cutting and fabrication............warf and rig work...............open water fun...........no faves.............most are pirates...lolol

I'm 75. In March 2010 I was diagnosed with stage IV metastatic breast cancer. One of the things I regretted most was not being able to dive again. Thankfully last October, 2011, I was in a good period and my husband I went back to Roatan. This time we stayed on the northwest end of the island and dove with Banarama. They treated me royally and took care of my equipment. The minute I hit the water I was home again. My goal had been to reach 600 dives before I hung up my fins. I started this trip with 594. I managed to end up with 602 beautiful dives. Hopefully I'll get to another good period.

Tomball, Texas
Coki Beach Dive Club, St. Thomas U.S.V.I.
AWO
Sea Sports Scuba, Houston Texas
OW

Sites,
USVI / BVI / Cozumel

50+ dives and counting

I'm 75. In March 2010 I was diagnosed with stage IV metastatic breast cancer. One of the things I regretted most was not being able to dive again. Thankfully last October, 2011, I was in a good period and my husband I went back to Roatan. This time we stayed on the northwest end of the island and dove with Banarama. They treated me royally and took care of my equipment. The minute I hit the water I was home again. My goal had been to reach 600 dives before I hung up my fins. I started this trip with 594. I managed to end up with 602 beautiful dives. Hopefully I'll get to another good period.

Congratulations and thanks for your inspiring post. Every dive is a gift and thanks for reminding us of that. I wish you all the best and many more good periods when you can dive!:flowers:

Toronto Canada
OW - Water Sports (Toronto)
Only been diving for 5 years but I plan on doing my AOW on Aquacat - our first liveaboard - this fall.
50 dives - Bermuda, Eilat, Aruba, St. Lucia, Grand Cayman, Turks & Caicos, Puerto Vallarta,

Congrats and thank you for the inspirational post to Simonds.

I am 54 got my certification in 1980 took a sabbatical of 23 years back diving last year and training under padi Master scuba diver. last year about 70 dives all in the Philippines ,Bohol,Boracay,Anilao,Batanagas ,Puerto Galera And next week headed to Aruba and this is around 200 dives.

Dive shops south shore skin Divers in mass
Quezon city Divers Network Philippines

Back
Top Bottom