50+ year old divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

+6, Started diving in '69. Hopefully will complete Full Cave in October.

Where do you live? Central Washington
Where do you dive? Local Lakes, Puget Sound and try to make at least three trips a year somewhere warm
Favorite dive shop? Cozumel Scuba Repair - Javier
Current certification? SSI Master diver, Advanced Nitrox, Cavern-Intro to cave

I live in southwestern PA.
I dive a bit in local quarries, but really live for my time in the Caribbean. :)
My favorite dive shop is Jim Lapenta.
Current certifications include SEI AOW and Rescue, along with SDI Solo.

And I frankly resent the implication that I might be either grumpy or old just because I'm over 50.
:D

Well, I guess we've established that I'm now grumpy, but you'd better not call me old. :no:

I turned 54 this May.
I have been diving since 1978
I am a PADI Master Instructor
I retired from the states in 2008
I have a small dive business in the Philippines
I am loving actively teaching SCUBA to a very wide range of ages and nationalities.
I hope I can keep doing this for another 6 to 8 years.

I dive mostly in the Philippines...

Cheers,
Roger

Well, I guess we've established that I'm now grumpy, but you'd better not call me old. :no:

I'm with you...

A 24 year old at work made a comment about old people and their limited physical abiilities. I said "define old" and he replied "You know... like 45 or so"...

My reply was a sidekick that stopped about 2" from his nose. Apparently nobody told him what I do for fun... :rofl:

Hello to all. I think I might qualify. I will be 63 on May 31. Started diving over 50 years ago in 1961. I am currently living in Qatar in the Persian gulf and have been here for 13+ years. Still teaching and diving almost every weekend. current qualification Padi MSDT and BSAC Instructor.

AoW, nitrox, doing rescue this summer.
Dive all over the caribbean; Guadeloupe and barbados the next two weeks. Scuba toys;
Dallas TX

OK, I am and wanted to see how many more of us are out there.
Where do you live?
Where do you dive?
Favorite dive shop?
Current certification?
Double nickels here.
Southern CA
Dive mostly Laguna shore dives
Scuba World in Tustin
LA County OW got it in 75, was dry till last October eyeballing a ADP class.

Hello there,
I am somewhere between 60-65 and just started a Padi OW course some 6 weeks ago. Used to be a real water Rat and and hope to be soon certified and able to check out my own mooring for my Sailboat. My home is in Victoria-Canada and I look forward to dive arround here and perhaps some Diving holidays in warmer places.

Good luck to all!

+ 2 in August.

Got certified a year ago and have just over 40 dives.

Where do you live? Los Angeles
Where do you dive? California Channel Islands, just got back from Roatan and will be doing more warm water in the future for sure!
Favorite dive shop? Hollywood Divers
Current certification? Rescue, Nitrox and considering Divemaster in the next year...

I feel like I'm 30 or so (in fact NOBODY believes me when I tell them how old I am). Last night I admitted my age and the guy told me that it's not nice to lie........he said it TWICE..

You're only as old as you think you are.....

I'm 55 and don't dive as much as I'd like to.

Where do you live? Columbus, Ohio - moving to Farmington Hills, MI soon
Where do you dive? Primarily quarries in Ohio. The St. Lawrence River and of course the great lakes.
Favorite dive shop? Haven't met my favorite yet.
Current certification? Divemaster, TDI Advanced Nitrox and Deco, and some others.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom