Foo out of commission

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Foo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Sorry I haven't been around much, folks- have now been dealing with an evidently arthritic knee. Have done the x-ray, mri, surgeon visits and am not sure what's going to . It seems that although my meniscus is torn, I am better off not having the removal surgery because it is the only padding my joints have anymore. So, am trying meds to see if I can wear the original knee a bit longer rather than replace it. Have lost 14 lbs, and plan to continue- I know that will have to help to lose the excess weight I've gained. Also pounded my knees way too much in my life with gymnastics, track & field, running, and high-impact aerobics. Couldn't fin right now, no diving- canceled our dives at Aquarena for today, stayed home instead. Couldn't carry my gear anyway. Sad Sack, huh? LOL. Believe me, I know it could be way worse. Been there. This too shall pass. Love yall, hope to be back diving soon!!!

P.S. Oh yeah, remember that benign nerve tumor I had removed? Have another- in the middle of my palm this time. Wonder if I can get a knee-hand combo 2 for 1 special surg? :wink:

Sorry I haven't been around much, folks- have now been dealing with an evidently arthritic knee. Have done the x-ray, mri, surgeon visits and am not sure what's going to . It seems that although my meniscus is torn, I am better off not having the removal surgery because it is the only padding my joints have anymore. So, am trying meds to see if I can wear the original knee a bit longer rather than replace it. Have lost 14 lbs, and plan to continue- I know that will have to help to lose the excess weight I've gained. Also pounded my knees way too much in my life with gymnastics, track & field, running, and high-impact aerobics. Couldn't fin right now, no diving- canceled our dives at Aquarena for today, stayed home instead. Couldn't carry my gear anyway. Sad Sack, huh? LOL. Believe me, I know it could be way worse. Been there. This too shall pass. Love yall, hope to be back diving soon!!!

P.S. Oh yeah, remember that benign nerve tumor I had removed? Have another- in the middle of my palm this time. Wonder if I can get a knee-hand combo 2 for 1 special surg? :wink:

Hope to have you back diving soon. Get well soon.

Foo I am going to say a prayer each evening for your recovery and mobility. Sorry to hear this news, but thank you for letting us whom care about you know. I know how it feels being sidelined.....hang in there. xo :) Alan

I'd say keep your spirits up Foo, but I think you are handling it well. Hang in there. Thanks for letting us know. I think sometimes people don't come on the boards and tell us what is happening because they think we don't care and that we are all just mindless goons behind a keyboard. Take it easy Foo, listen to the Dr., take the meds, and get better. Anytime you need to vent you can either PM me or let go in one of these threads. We are all here for you.

Get well soon, Foo! Miss ya! :hugs:

Foo, we are lifting up prayers for you. Hope things get sorted out and you get back in the water soon!

Sorry I haven't been around much, folks- have now been dealing with an evidently arthritic knee.
People always say it's a b**** getting old. I disagree. It's only a b**** if you die young. The pain lets me know I'm alive...

Foo:
Have lost 14 lbs, and plan to continue- I know that will have to help to lose the excess weight I've gained.
Congrats on the weight loss! 14 pounds is outstanding! I need to lose that, and then some...

Foo:
Also pounded my knees way too much in my life with gymnastics, track & field, running, and high-impact aerobics. Couldn't fin right now, no diving
Time to learn the frog kick. It's the only way my knees allow me to keep going. Seriously, try it... much easier on the knees....

Foo:
Couldn't carry my gear anyway.
Show up, and I'll carry your gear for ya, darlin :kiss2:

Foo:
Love yall, hope to be back diving soon!!!

You better get back out soon...... You'd hate for me to drive to Big W and get your butt...

Foo:
Wonder if I can get a knee-hand combo

Is that anything like a hand-***?? :lotsalove:

Love ya Lots :D :D :D :D :D

Get well soon Foo!
I have been dealing with a foot injury. It sucks.
Oh well, this too will pass and it will get better.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom