Help a old lady out

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've not done any diving in Asia, but I'll add a few items that I've encountered that might be helpful for warm water diving in the Caribbean:

Not sure that you should label you mother as old ! The Philippines and Indonesia have ladders that far easier to use than the little zodiac ladders. More and more people with more birthdays, having recovered from surgeries or cancer treatments are diving for longer, which is great for them and great for the dive industry. Removing and or donning equipment in the water is not at all uncommon. The Maldives liveaboards have a little mini version of the liveaboard that are very easy to use. Just give the crew a bigger trip and it’s win win for everybody.

To add on to Brad’s post, check out disability dive orgs/ clubs in your area. Here in North Texas we have Adapt-able Scuba, usually they have a few trips per year where a accessible hotel & boat are part of the trip, but trained divers to assist depending on the need are there too.
Adapt-able crew are going to Cozumel and Carmen Brac this year.
Events & Trips - Adapt-Able Foundation

Back
Top Bottom