Zee (Zeeman)'s 4th PI Holiday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i concur, san mig's red horse or strong ice for the whappakk! or cerveza negra for the flavor.
but if you really want character, try lambanog. it will bring out your character.

it will bring out your character.

I'm sure it will... All over the floor, with my remnanst of diner if I don't watch it...:D

Actually, I hope to be diving a lot (as much as possible), so I'm going to hopefully be taking it easy on the booze. But a drink or two won't hurt!!!! :14:

i concur, san mig's red horse or strong ice for the whappakk! or cerveza negra for the flavor.
but if you really want character, try lambanog. it will bring out your character.

Lambanog? Yikes!! That's gonna make you go blind, right:D

seconding Jigs' reco on cerveza negra. It's definitely got character. But it's a bit thick. It reminds me of the black out stout from Brutopia south of St. Cat's along Crescent.

San Mig Lite is a lot like Corona. It's the beer of choice of the locals. A lot of the foreigners enjoy San Mig Pale Pilsen since it has more flavour. I enjoy both.

Red Horse is the equivalent of Labatt Wild Cat - when you see someone drinking it you automatically assume they want to get ridiculous tonight!

And San Mig won't give you a hardcore hangover the way Canadian beer does! :wink:

So is Lambanog, kinda like Eggnogg???:rofl3:

No, but seriously, just out of curiosity, does anybody know what it is exactly and how it's made (I've always had an interest for brewing and distellery)? Or do you guys just blindly drink the stuff because it hits hard?:D

we call it Tuba in Cebuano dialect. my 102-year-old great grandmother used to drink it til she was 95. (she's still alive but bedridden now, btw. due to old age. Zero Diseases!!! she just won't die, its amazing!!!)

here is what i got:

Out of the bud of the coconut tree's infloresence is a juice called coconut toddy or tuba. The fermented juice is the common alcoholic drink in the coconut region. The fermented tuba would be a good drink even to those who enjoy the finer things. The principal uses of the toddy are: as fresh beverage; for producing alcoholic beverages; for producing vinegar; for making sugar; and as a source of yeast for making bread.

Coconut toddy, after being left for five days then distilled, produces an alcoholic spirit known locally as lambanog which is more or less 98% proof. In its taste, sweet toddy is a liquid containing essentially 12 to 18% sugar (sucrose).

Other products from the coconut tree's infloresence are gin, vinegar, candy trays, Christmas and wall decor.

or you can try the flavored kind... bubblegum! yum yum :)

250896022_69c8376e63.jpg

i dunno if this is the brand of that lambanog we bought seven years ago on our overnight at pansol.

:rofl2: the flavour is bubblegum, too. six of my friends who tried it while drinking beer at the same time were already vomiting before they even finished the entire bottle. i haven't started drinking liquor then (i became a drunk at a much, much later age :rofl2:), so i never knew how it tasted.

Back
Top Bottom