Zeagle's Express Tech: The first and last BC most will ever need (or want)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Do you all think it would be possible to use the webbing and bladder assembly from the Express Tech with the Zeagle SS back plate? Seems like a pretty inexpensive way to have both a super light travel set up and a SS backplate system.

Is that the one that is based on the Oxycheq Ultralight like back plate concept?
Very cool in any case.
I am a fan of donuts, so I tend to like the Oxycheq one.

I asked the following question to Scott, here also is his answer:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScubaSaipan
I own an Express Tech, but wondered if I can use the harness and bladder on a Zeagle SS backplate? Thanks

Yes, you can!!

Thanks,

Scott

Hey Pete.

I'm just a dumb old rec diver and I love Scott: but I have an old DR ABS plate I picked up for 30 or 40 bucks. Seems to do the same thing, but with a lot more simplicity. And since it is plastic, I was able to drill holes without adding grommets.

I may be missing something, but what is the draw?

Oh. Just went back to your OP. I do know for a fact, Oxy came first.

I may be missing something, but what is the draw?

• Comfort.
  • Infinitely and very quickly adjustable.
  • Comfort.
  • Well made.
  • Comfort.
  • Simplicity
  • Comfort.
  • Ridiculously small and light! Makes traveling easy.
  • Comfort.
  • Easily adapted to Side Mounting.
  • Have I mentioned comfort yet?
Everyone has their favorite BC. This is mine. I really don't care who made it first. I was able to try this one and really liked it. The waist slides are different from the Oxycheq and I like them better. The Oxycheq ones that I have seen have frayed the webbing and so far this one hasn't. Will it? Time will tell and I'll be sure to post about it!

I hope this helps!

Well, based on this thread and other information I purchase an Express Tech. It is ridiculously light, and was very comfortable. The shop did have the 'backpad kit' but I think it is not necessary. I still have to add some d-rings, cam strap weight pockets and I'm considering a crotch strap, but i want to try it in the water first. Luckily my LDS has the local Y pool weekly. I'll let everyone know how that goes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom