Zeagle's Express Tech: The first and last BC most will ever need (or want)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I bit... Ordered a Deluxe model from Scuba.com. I have been wanting a travel BC and had quit even using the QD weights in my SeaQuest Balance two or three years ago.

Got my ExpressTech in 2010 and still like it alot. I dive cold water and warm water with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a stripped down version of the delux tech (No shoulder or back padding).

Does anyone know if it still would be better to have a crotch strap? There is now a clip in buccal at the waist buccal instead of the belt style buccal. How would I put on the crotch strap? Or should I get the saddle crotch strap?

Does anyone know if it still would be better to have a crotch strap?
It's always best to have a crotch strap and the buckle allows you to attach one easily.

If for some reason you're not crazy about a standard crotch strap, I rigged a Zeagle saddle strap (I stole it off my wifes Stiletto) on my ET and it works very well. No scooter ring, but I find it a bit more comfy. :)

It's always best to have a crotch strap and the buckle allows you to attach one easily.

Ok, I'll get one.

But my question is that there is not a clip-in waist buckle that separates in the middle instead of the belt style buckle. Perhaps making one clip longer than the other so a single crotch strap can be added in the middle?

There are all sorts of crotch straps out there. I prefer a simple 2" strap with a Scooter D-ring on it.

Ok, I'll get one.

But my question is that there is not a clip-in waist buckle that separates in the middle instead of the belt style buckle. Perhaps making one clip longer than the other so a single crotch strap can be added in the middle?

The crotch strap has a loop that you insert the waist belt into. Take a look at this https://www.divegearexpress.com/dive-rite-crotch-strap There is no need for a slide release buckle but if you want one then look here or here.

[video=youtube;jP4Iib594MM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jP4Iib594MM[/video]

I have the TE Deluxe with the Zip weight pouches and the crotch strap, used it for the first time today and it was awesome. The only issue I had was not tightening the tank straps enough to start with. I have my waist snap buckle a bit to the left so that my crotch strap rides in the center, it was a very comfortable rig to wear. Prior to today I have only used a jacket style BCD but I also only have 15 dives as of today. :) I also put a D ring on the left hip to clip my SPG to and I have no D ring on the right side as my octo rides in a necklace. I may end up putting one on the right side but as of now it is not being missed.

2yulkxv.jpg

I have the TE Deluxe with the Zip weight pouches and the crotch strap, used it for the first time today and it was awesome. The only issue I had was not tightening the tank straps enough to start with. I have my waist snap buckle a bit to the left so that my crotch strap rides in the center, it was a very comfortable rig to wear. Prior to today I have only used a jacket style BCD but I also only have 15 dives as of today. :) I also put a D ring on the left hip to clip my SPG to and I have no D ring on the right side as my octo rides in a necklace. I may end up putting one on the right side but as of now it is not being missed.

Coincidentally I just did my first dives (#14 and #15) with my new ET deluxe w/crotch strap as well last Thursday, after renting gear for my previous dives. Did a pool session the day before to dial in the weight and trim, and ended up putting 1/3 of the weight up on the shoulder straps. Dove Manatee springs, so the fresh water weight was perfectly dialed in. I was finally able to hover motionless for the first time. Once I got everything tightened down, I almost forgot I had a tank on my back. I added D rings to both sides at the waist as I prefer to clip my octo at the waist. Looking to do my first ocean dive with it next month, and assuming I'll add about 4lb of weight. Great BCD.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom