Zeagle's Express Tech: The first and last BC most will ever need (or want)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just returned from week long live a board trip, 17 dives with my ET. Some with t-shirt and others with 3 mil and never a problem with shoulder straps or for that matter anything. Crotch strap really helped. Great set-up advice on this thread. I was only one with BPW and got numerous questions. Packed to very small size in my Dive Caddy. Great BPW and agree probably last I will buy.

I like my DRIS SS BP/W a lot but I could see how an ET would be good to have also. Seems on ZeagleExpress I could but together a ET backplate with basic harness and croth strap for $140. Hmmm...

I"m looking to purchase some of my first pieces of dive gear, and I've been comparing the DRIS SS BP/W system and the Zeagle XT . One thing i'm trying to figure out is how much more does the DRIS system weigh verses Zeagle XT, my guess is somewhere between 5-8 lbs?
I'm primarily a vacation diver so, the light weight packing has me leaning towards the Zeagle XT.

I haven't put mine on a scale but I think I've red that the ET is 5 lbs and that the DRIS BP/W is 10 lbs. I've also seen it said that the DRIS BP/W will take about 8lbs off of ones belt compared to a typical vest / rec BCD.

I guess if i went with the Aluminium Backplate on the DRIS then i'm getting closer to a wash between the two as far as weight goes.

I put it in a standard large hard bag (Checked) and pack around it. Even with a mask, the BCD and fins and boots (I find slip ons really uncomfortable)I could still pack everything else I needed for a week in Mexico. I pack light, but this was not hard to do.

Threw mine in a heavy duty duffle and checked it on my last trip..

Also, I decided to go with standard webbing instead of my deluxe harness. The deluxe was comfy but all the clips and pieces of webbing hanging everywhere were a bit annoying..

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

I'm finding that my ET sits too high on the tank so I'm knocking my head on the first stage no matter what I do. I've put keepers on the shoulder straps so the slack doesn't wander and let the bc ride up but still have the issue. If I put it any higher the top cam strap won't be on the tank any more.. am I ok to just use the one cam strap? Seems like a lot of bc's only have one..

No, but I figured you'd say that haha. The thing is, even if I yank it down all the way holding it with my hands my head can still hit the first stage.

Back
Top Bottom