Zeagle: Made in the U.S.?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Twoblues

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Someone wrote that Zeagle regs were probably made in Taiwan(not red china),and that the company had been bought;
I wrote to Zeagle and Mr. Jim Fox said this:"Hello Mike,
Yes the Onyx was designed here at the Zeagle Factory in Zephyrhills and coincidentally we are building a few hundred of them this week.

Both Zeagle and Atomic along with Bare and Stahlsac were purchased by Huish Outdoors in the past couple of years. We are all still operating as separate companies (but owned by Huish) and have merged our purchasing, warehousing and shipping. We share engineering and manufacturing knowledge but our designs will retain their separate “flavors”. As an engineer in the Scuba industry for over 30 years and at Zeagle for 14 of them I can say that the synergy between the four brand identities is very good".-Mike

This shows the high level of support that you can get from Zeagle if the very Jim Fox finds the time to respond. I had just same level of great experience with them before when I had questions relates to my flatheads.

Someone wrote that Zeagle regs were probably made in Taiwan(not red china),and that the company had been bought;

Yes, and I responded to that post once I saw it. You cannot believe everything you read on Scubaboard, especially from so-called dive professionals that have seen thousands of regulators. My understanding is that you can even visit the Zeagle factory if you are in the Zephyrhills area.

Since this topic seems to come up so much, I think it would be nice if Zeagle would post photos or video of their production facility.

Something like the video that many of us have seen on youtube:

making a scuba regulator - YouTube

You might want to ask Jim if he has some photos to share.

I just have to say, I have not heard the phrase Red China in a while. Did President Reagan just make a speech today? If so, Zeagle regs are made in England. (Because that's back when Zeagle just rebadged Apeks regs which were at least back then made in England.)

Last edited:
(Because that's back when Zeagle just rebadged Apeks regs which were at least back then made in England.)

They still are

At least now they are completely different regs inside, and the 1st stage is designed better than Apeks IMHO

I just have to say, I have not heard the phrase Red China in a while. Did President Reagan just make a speech today? If so, Zeagle regs are made in England. (Because that's back when Zeagle just rebadged Apeks regs which were at least back then made in England.)

Deleted.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom