Your Opinion.. The TOP 5 dive spots to visit in Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mattboy:
Jeesh, the guy asked for favorite dive sites and got several responses of "you're not ready...." thank you, mommy!

Mea cupla, but I had clicked on the last page and listed my favorites. There is another swimthough that exits close to the entrance of Devil's Throat. I don't know if it has a name, but that one has a chimney that exits on the same side as the entrance to Devil's Throat and it is much better. Maybe Christi knows what it is called.

But really, Baracuda should not be done by a newbie.

#1 - Columbia Shallows for sure

then from there in no particular order, and no dive log handy,

San Francisco, Delilah, Palancar Caves & La Francesa

actually...just drop me anywhere out there, it will be a good dive

sharky60:
...just drop me anywhere out there, it will be a good dive
That's what I like to hear!

cxg31s:
my revised Top 5 for you (in order this time):

1. Chun Chacab
2. Palancar Horseshoe
3. Dalila
4. Palancar Bricks ties with Columbia
5. Punta Sur Cathedral
Angie's list came closest to mine, This is a list of what I perceived to be the best from my last 2 trips:
1. Chun Chacab
2. Colombia Shallows
3. Colombia
4. Palancar Bricks
5. Dalila
...and a night dive on Paradise

edit: Had an AWESOME dive on San Francisco so that goes in there too :wink:

Barracuda was a close 6th, but I have to disagree with "The Redhead", didn't see much damage there at all (San Juan is another story). At Barracuda we were lucky, there was almost no current to speak of so we got to go nice and slow. Got a few cool pics there... things you couldn't get if the current was "normal".

I'm with both Jeff and Angie (now that you amended your experience profile). Plus, Jeff has been there twice (or more?) in the last 3 months so he really has the low down on whats up...

5-Palancar Caves
4-Palancar Bricks
3-Devils Throat
2-San Francisco
1-Paradise Day or Night

Sue Sue:
5-Palancar Caves
4-Palancar Bricks
3-Devils Throat
2-San Francisco
1-Paradise Day or Night
Geez... i forgot San Francisco!

Batfish & "other critters" (don't need to get the word out)

I'm going to have to go back and edit that in somehow...

1. Los Tortugas (best done on nitrox)
2. Chun cha cab (best done on nitrox)
3. Columbia Shallows
4. Columbia Deep
5. Baracuda (haven't seen it since Wilma though) so I'll include any number of the Palancar dive sites.

If you were a regular visitor to the D2D board you may have noticed that it was very slow at times, occasionally went down & was recently subject to spamming. The platform was becoming unstable & about 8:30AM EST on Fri Jun 9 it completely crashed.

The board editor, Jerry Sullivan, is moving on and being replaced by Nick Lucey, an old Scuba Diving Magazine hand*. He's overseeing a complete rebuilding of the system, which he assured me would be bigger & better than the previous version. He mentioned that they intend to recover the old database, which includes the message board and all the registered users, and that user profile & other pesonal info is "safe."

Stay tuned.

DocVikingo

*Nick Lucey
Interactive Sales & Site Manager
Scuba Diving Magazine
6600 Abercorn Street, Suite 208
Savannah GA 31401
(912) 353-5245

Back
Top Bottom