Your max depth!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

[FONT=&quot]A curiosity question for the non-tech deep diving enthusiast, how many cubic feet of gas do you need to safely ascend from 130 and the logic behind your number?[/FONT]

I have been to 140 and will go deeper when I go through tech classes. There is a lot of fun to be had on shallow dives, not to mention the time you can spend there.

101 fsw. I consider this a hard limit for myself. (OW diver, on air)

131 feet deep, Santa Rosa Wall, Cozumel, Memorial Day weekend, 2007.

125 feet on 28% nitrox, U-853 off of Bloack Island, RI last month. Also my first deco dive.

Roughly 6cu ft to accend @ 30'/min from 132' with a .4 SAC rate

The number is based on your surface gas consumption rate and taken to depth. There are of course many variables, you could accend faster or have an issue an be slower, and of course be freaked out breathe heavyier and never make it. But for a no deco everything is cool dive it should be pretty close

mine is 137' to the flight deck of the Oriskany on ean 32. Not sure how much deeper i would like to go. Depends n the dive i guess and the conditions.

hmmmm...probably should dust off that SSI Nitrox handbook and take a harder look at the part concerning PPO2 and MOD ...second I would get my money back from SSI and the instructor and invest it in DAN and a quality life insurance program ...as well as a quality annuity just incase you end up a veg. for 50 yrs. Just a thought

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom