Your max depth!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mine is 137' to the flight deck of the Oriskany on ean 32. Not sure how much deeper i would like to go. Depends n the dive i guess and the conditions.

Depth by itself should not make any difference. There is increased risk with increased depth, you should have a reason for going deep, know the risks and plan for gear failures. Most of the best visuals are near the surface. The deeper you go the less time you have to enjoy things and going deep should be progressive building on experience. Once you reach decompression requirements you can no longer simply make a free assent if something goes wrong.

That said the spirit of exploration lures many divers deeper including myself. My dive group is exploring and documenting sinkholes off the Florida west coast.
A typical dive using trimix may run +250' depending on objectives. We have made several exploratory dives to 350'+ in offshore caves. Getting there is easy, coming back up without getting bent is the real challenge.
Also much more expensive as you need more regulators, more tanks and helium for trimix is expensive.
Take a look at some of my posts on You Tube to see what this is like:
YouTube - Dead Turtle Cave

There has been pleanty of information published on the effect of oxygen; you can search and read them for yourself. As far as END & EAD of this dive, run the numbers thru V-planner.

I have read plenty of information on the subject and there seem to be many valid arguments for both sides. I want to hear what argument made you so sure you are correct.

130ft on the dot. I don't really feel compelled to go back down there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom