Your max depth!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Can you prove that?

There has been pleanty of information published on the effect of oxygen; you can search and read them for yourself. As far as END & EAD of this dive, run the numbers thru V-planner.

Diving deep, just to go deep is dumb in my opinion. The only reason I've dove deep was to see something cool, like a wreck or a cool wall dive. Deco sucks, so it had better be for something cool to see.

Deco doesn't suck if you have something to look at. A blue/ green water hang sucks on Deco but if you have a structure all the way up, Deco can be the best dives ever. Some of the best parts of my dives have been on Deco.

Deco can be the best dives ever. Some of the best parts of my dives have been on Deco.

Same. Two of my most memorable dive experiences have been

1. Hanging around for 10 minutes in blue water in Ogasawara, listening to humpback whale song. Even thinking of this still sends a chill down by spine. Still wish the Japanese dive boat didn't force us up by banging on the ladder with a hammer and starting the boat engines (!)

2. Rather more deco in Chuuk lagoon, hanging about on the kingpost of the Fujimara Maru on a bright day.. watching the millions of baitfish be chased round the structure by schools of barracuda, jacks and blue fin trevally... in addition to the brilliantly coloured and lit soft corals with their own teeming tropical fish communities. I've never felt so happy when I've been narc'ed than I was at 5-8 metres watching this most amazing of shows.

Back on topic, 49.2 metres. When is the USA finally growing to grow up and adopt metric?

Deco sucks, .

I don't know about that...I just enjoy hanging, relaxing in the blue....I've had some life changing revelations doing deco.

Back on topic, 49.2 metres. When is the USA finally growing to grow up and adopt metric?

When is the rest of the world going to grow up and realize that our non-intuitive complex system of measurement is superior? :mooner:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom