Your computer --- a survey

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What dive computer do you use? Cressi Archimede 2
Is it an air-intergrated model? Transmitter or hose? No. n/a
Would you recommend it? Why/why not? Yes so far. 15 dives and no problem. depth guage accurate and within 1ft of my analog gauge.
If you could have gotten a different computer which one would it have been? Why? none because this this does everything I need and at a great price. This is almost exactly the same comp as an APEKS model but you'll have to look that up as I don't remember the exact model.
What was the deciding factor for your decision to purchase this one? Price and features-especially the user replaceable battery.
The one biggest drawback of the computer you use? Can't think of any.
The best feature of the model you use? Luv the great big display.

What dive computer do you use?: Mares M1 (BT mode)
Is it an air-intergrated model? Ugh, no.
Would you recommend it? Yes, cheap, good display, backlit, user changable batteries.
What was the deciding factor for your decision to purchase this one? Price.
The one biggest drawback of the computer you use? Hard to fit bungees.
The best feature of the model you use? Always-on backlighting.

What dive computer do you use? Suunto Gekko

Is it an air-intergrated model? Transmitter or hose? Hose only

Would you recommend it? Why/why not? Yes. cheap, easy to read, easy to use, reliable, it's fine for rec diving.

If you could have gotten a different computer which one would it have been? Why? No, but i also looked at the Nitek duo.

What was the deciding factor for your decision to purchase this one? Price, reputation, my buddy had one and liked it.

The one biggest drawback of the computer you use? I'd like it to do computer downloading without having to use a hack, a backlight would be nice.

The best feature of the model you use? Easy to read and use.

What dive computer do you use? Oceanic VT3

Is it an air-intergrated model? Transmitter or hose? Air-Int. and hoseless

Would you recommend it? Why/why not? Yes. Air/EAN, wrist "mounted" easy to read and use, algorithum isnt to liberal or conservitive for non deco limits

If you could have gotten a different computer which one would it have been? Why? I looked around but didnt find anything I liked.

What was the deciding factor for your decision to purchase this one? Oceanic Reputation, enough "power" incase I get into more Tech diving yet simple enough for rec diving. Again, hoseless, Air-Int, wrist mounted. Comes with usb cable .... dont have to buy it seperatly

The one biggest drawback of the computer you use? It is a little pricey, not pricey if your comparing it to other tech computers but expensive as far as rec diving computers go.

The best feature of the model you use? Simple use and easy to read.

What dive computer do you use?
Is it an air-intergrated model? Transmitter or hose?
Would you recommend it? Why/why not?
If you could have gotten a different computer which one would it have been? Why?
What was the deciding factor for your decision to purchase this one?
The one biggest drawback of the computer you use?
The best feature of the model you use?

Computer #1: Suunto Cobra; air-integrated via hose; recommend for user interface, RGBM algorithm, nitrox settings, plan mode, upload to Suunto Dive Manager Software which displays nitrogen loading graphs, PPO2 throughout the dive, and SAC rate; first computer, ease of use, good algorithm; no drawbacks; see recommendation reasons.

Computer #2: Suunto Vytec; air-integrated via transmitter; recommend for wrist mount, and the same features listed for the Cobra, and the same algorithm and user interface as the Cobra. Drawbacks are inadequate battery life info for the transmitter and somewhat unintuitive synchronizing scenarios for computer and transmitter. Requires a backup means of getting pressure (I use the Cobra).

I'm very happy with the combination. The wrist-mount has made me more aware of my numbers throughout the dive. I use the Suunto software as my electronic dive log and use it to track my dive safety and gas consumption improvement.

Sherwood Courier

Not air-intergrated model

Only for casual rec diving. Minimal functionality, but does what it's supposed to

Hadn't decided yet, but will get one eventually

Price

Air only; nitrox would be nice

Easy to use, has altitude function (not that I need it)

Suunto D9

Transmitter, but i have never gotten it to work right, so i dont trust it

No, get one without the transmitter, the D6 i think is not air intigraded...other than that, i like it alot

If you could have gotten a different computer which one would it have been? Why?

maybe another vyper...

it just came out and was a super cool scuba toy

the crappy wireless

it looks cool

What dive computer do you use? Galileo Sol
Is it an air-intergrated model? Transmitter or hose?Air Integrated transmitter
Would you recommend it? Why/why not? Yes.....easy to read and program
What was the deciding factor for your decision to purchase this one? Multiple transmitter capability and visibility
The one biggest drawback of the computer you use? So much to learn
The best feature of the model you use? Multiple monitoring capability for student's air.

Suunto D9

AI, I use a transmitter and like it. Yet be careful with divers who have AI D9, too. Sometimes it gets confused.

Yes and no. All the features are great but a bit overkill. But anyway, I received it as a gift :eyebrow:

D4 probably as I also frequently free dive.

It's my wife's choice but she says she would not buy one for herself. So I guess she expects one as gift:D

Did I say it before: price, but it was a gift :wink: It could have an altimeter.

Nitrox support and size.

What dive computer do you use? Suunto Gekko
Is it an air-intergrated model? Transmitter or hose? No
Would you recommend it? Why/why not? Yes. The company has a good rep and I like the display. Price was right, too. It was a gift!
If you could have gotten a different computer which one would it have been? Maybe a Suunto Cobra 2 because of more features
What was the deciding factor for your decision to purchase this one? It was a gift.
The one biggest drawback of the computer you use? Not sure as I haven't dove with it much yet.
The best feature of the model you use? Like the display

One thing to add. I prefer the "non" air integration for the simple fact that I like the idea of a mechanical device keeping track of my air rather than the computer but I do love the computer for it's ability to keep track of everything else.

Since this thread has been out there a while Lisa, have you purchased a dive computer?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom