You MIGHT need a buoyancy control class if ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Why am I finding this thread kinda trite?

New divers, i.e. many in this forum, are going to have buoyancy issues as they learn.

Finding ways to slagging them off hardly sounds like a constructive start to the new year and Bob, frankly, I'm surprised that you kicked this one off.

31.) You might need a buoyancy control class if you mistakenly believe that only new divers have a need for better buoyancy control

:eyebrow:

Ok, so I've lightened up. Mostly. I still have to get up in the morning.

I'd say that you may need a buoyancy refresher class when you're wearing 18kg, pointing up at 70%, finning like crazy, and still maintaining your under weighted cos you can't get down. Or some new DMs I've seen that have amazing buoyancy control, as long as they're travelling around the same speed as the Space Shuttle.

BTW - I did not and would never, want to act as any SB police here. I'm just sensitive to new divers needs and insecurities (Aw, isn't that cute :)). We've all been there.

J

...c'mon, go ahead and throw someone under the bus....you know you want to! ...there, feel better now? :)

You MIGHT need a buoyancy control class if ...

32.) Your OW instructor was the Instructor out on Catalina that I overheard say the following to a Photo student after their dive...

"I could tell we were a little overweighted; did you notice that when we initially descended we crashed into the bottom a lot harder than usual?"

Hmm...exactly how hard SHOULD you crash into the bottom?

17. While gripping the anchor line on your safety stop there's pee in your hood.
I thought that's how you kept your head warm!! Guessing my instructor lied to me then!!!:shocked2:

BTW, This thread is hilarious:rofl3:

32.) Your OW instructor was the Instructor out on Catalina that I overheard say the following to a Photo student after their dive...

"I could tell we were a little overweighted; did you notice that when we initially descended we crashed into the bottom a lot harder than usual?"

Hmm...exactly how hard SHOULD you crash into the bottom?

33. If you hit as hard as this, or harder.....

If you slide from kelp leaf to kelp leaf to do your stops.

If your normal method of descending is to fall on your back until you hit bottom, and then roll over and go diving.

If your direct ascents resemble the fancy moves in an international yo-yo competition.

If your dive buddy du jour comes on ScubaBoard to ask, "What should I do when my buddy corks on me?"

If the instructor working with you has sent you to the surface, feet first, six times in one day.

(BTW, the last four were me . . . )

14. Your dive computer YELLS at you to slow you ascent, EVERY ASCENT.....MULTILPLE TIME IN A DIVE.......

Or worse, it simply starts flashing "WHATEVER..."

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom