You Know you Dive in New England When...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gidds:
If there are no other nominations I don't see why you can't be, although do it easy seems to spend too much time in the NELD forum...
well then... i defer to 'do it easy'. besides i'm not really 'out of town' exactly, we kinda overlap. many of the same wrecks you guys visit, i hit from long island. oh right, you don't do wrecks. why was it that you live here again? was it the snow and the long cold nights? :D

I live here because of the oysters :rolleyes: :yuck:

XJae:
oh right, you don't do wrecks. why was it that you live here again? was it the snow and the long cold nights? :D
Ha Ha...
not thats what im sayin :)

It takes you 30 minutes to get dressed for diving.

You can barely move with the five layers of neoprene you are wearing or fleece you have on under your drysuit.

Your group has more safety gear than the local Coast Guard 41 boat.

You need to carry more spare clothes on a day trip than you do for a week in summer.

People going by the dive sight ask about all the people in the "clown" suits.

Little kids point to you at the put in and say something about power rangers.

Your car finally loses the wet neoprene smell (for at least four months).

Someone in your group mentions taking up skiing...for the 30th time that day.

You no longer mind wearing a suit and tie because it is loser than your drysuit.

You call your diving friends on Wednesday to share the news that you can feel your
feet again.

The first step in getting out of your dive gear involves chipping the ice off.

mtsidford:
You enjoy pi$$ing in your wetsuit and think nothing wrong of it.

Sid

What do you mean think nothing wrong of it?!?!?
How else are you supposed to warm up after the dive is over?
Besides, what if you get a jellyfish inside your wetsuit?

steveann:
What do you mean think nothing wrong of it?!?!?
How else are you supposed to warm up after the dive is over?
Besides, what if you get a jellyfish inside your wetsuit?

There really are only two types of divers. Those that pee in their wetsuits and those that say they don't.....

You know you dive in New England when you look into your post-dive bowl of pea soup and realize that the vis is better in the bowl than it was at Ft. Wetherell today...:rolleyes:

countryboy:
Michael,

You doin' the frozen finn on the 1st? I am looking for a buddy....

Diving wet of course.. no drysuit for me.. yet.

Hey Dennis. I hadn't been back here on SB in a little while so I'm only seeing your message right now. Yes, I did think about doing the dive. Then I promptly ruled it out. Now I'm actually considering it again. We can touch base.

You know you dive in New England when 42 degree water doesn't bother you and you no longer care that the visibility is about the same as diving in pistachio pudding :rolleyes:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom