YOU have great influence with CCR manufacturers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jill Heinerth

RebreatherPro
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Critical Mass

We no longer live in the era of top-down design. Finally the rebreather market has reached a critical mass where consumers have true power to demand features they wish to see integrated into new rebreather designs. As more companies enter the marketplace, competition allows for consumers to open a dialogue with manufacturers. The ultimate survivors will be the companies that understand modern media and new shopping paradigms that are completely interwoven through the internet. Manufacturers that ignore service concerns or technical issues that are bantered around chat rooms and forums will do so at their peril.

Several months back, I had the opportunity to dive an early beta version of the new Juergenson Hammerhead Rebreather. There were several technical issues that I felt quite strongly about. After reviewing my lengthy comments and taking them under consideration, Jakub Rehacek from Golem Gear sent a note to let me know they were addressing every single concern I had noted. Kudos to Jakub for being sensitive to the market and listening to his customer base. He’ll be around a long, long time if he keeps that up!

You have a voice too. Speak to the manufacturers. You might be surprised how much they want and need your feedback.

Attachments

• GreggStantonJakubw.jpg
    GreggStantonJakubw.jpg
    355.6 KB · Views: 114
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom