Yoke to Din?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FishDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I just geared up this year to dive. Choose Zeagle for my BC and regs. Great stuff.

Question:
I have the Envoy reg set and envoy octo with the yoke valve. I am getting into more technical dives and would like to use a DIN fitting. Can I replace my yoke fitting with DIN or is it permantly attached to the primary?

If I can change it what is the cost of the new DIN fitting?

The part number of the kit to convert a yoke reg to a din reg is 345-1010.

You LDS will have to order you one, and will give you the price...they can most likely do the conversion for you as well!

Thanks,

Scott

Is there an available Zeagle part to convert (not adapt) a DIN to a Yoke?

thx

Rob

Yah, one of those is included, I was curious what the pricing & availability of the part they use on the Yoke-only regulators was, in case hitting my head is an issue.

Rob

robzr:
Is there an available Zeagle part to convert (not adapt) a DIN to a Yoke?

thx

Rob

Rob,

The part number to CONVERT a din reg to a yoke reg is # 345-1020.
This will turn your DIN regulator into a full time Yoke reg.

Your other option is to use a Din-to-Yoke Adapter, which is part# 330-0001. This temporarily makes your Din reg work on Yoke tanks, and just screws on and off as needed.

Hope this helps!

Scott

The DIN-to-yoke adapter makes the first stage stick out further about the width of the first stage.

evad:
The DIN-to-yoke adapter makes the first stage stick out further about the width of the first stage.

The Envoy DIN 1st stage, with a screw on by hand yoke adapter, extends 1" more than the standard yoke 1st stage. This alone will not cause a head bumping situation. (Tank height and BC fit are other issues.)

Some brands or models of regulators will extend substantially more, for example Sherwood, but the majority today are similar to Zeagle's.

My wife and I both use DIN tanks everywhere except for air travel, and spin on the yoke adapter when for rentals. I also teach and use these Zeage DIN & yoke regulators on a variety of tanks for many different users. I have never had a problem.

Fishdiver & robzr,

You could switch the standard yoke back on again, to keep it 1" shorter, but this method opens the regulator body, and is not the recommended if you will be switching back and forth very often. The 1" is a mute point.

Chad

Back
Top Bottom