For Sale WTB: Compact 1st & 2nd for a Pony

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RemyLobos

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Looking for a reg set-up, preferably compact. No manufacturer preference. Currently running a yoke hog D3 Zenith and octo on my primary set-up and not opposed to picking up a din but primarily looking for something economical.

Thanks!

Sent pm

How's about you get standard regs, and use a smaller pony, but apparently a ScubaPro Mk II is a choice
used to be people would put anything but these days apparently it needs to perform like a Lamborghini

Here's what I use. Economical and there is nothing more compact. Valve and 1st stage in one very small package. On my 6 cf and then the unit alone. I got rid of the 6 cf and now have two 19 cf's set up this way.
H2Odyssey RG2V
Standard piston first stage
On/Off valve
2 low pressure ports & 1 high pressure port
Great for argon & redundant air systems

Attachments

• Pony 6 cf.jpg
    Pony 6 cf.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 27
  • rg2v_lrg.jpg
    rg2v_lrg.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 29
Here's what I use. Economical and there is nothing more compact. Valve and 1st stage in one very small package. On my 6 cf and then the unit alone. I got rid of the 6 cf and now have two 19 cf's set up this way.
H2Odyssey RG2V
On/Off valve
That’s a really fancy diy Spare Air.

H2Odyssey RG2V
On/Off valve

Can you rebuild it and would you trust it for anything except suit inflation?

How's about you get standard regs, and use a smaller pony, but apparently a ScubaPro Mk II is a choice
used to be people would put anything but these days apparently it needs to perform like a Lamborghini

That does look like a great option and priced fairly. The problem is so many options. I have been offered a hog Zenith second stage which is actually what I use as my primary reg so I will likely go that route as I have one already, however it's tempting to pick up the SP and start building out another set! 🤓

Can you rebuild it and would you trust it for anything except suit inflation?

I rebuild mine regularly and trust them to rec depths for a soft, calm, relaxed swim to the surface. The valve/1st stage is rock solid and is a staple for alternate independant air sources. I regularly use mine to do shallow monkey dives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom