Yoke To Din Adapter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zeN||

Reaction score
How do guys feel about using an adapter to convert yoke to din? I'm interested in any if any advantages, vs just buying a completely new valve Thanx zeN

zeN|| once bubbled...
How do guys feel about using an adapter to convert yoke to din? I'm interested in any if any advantages, vs just buying a completely new valve Thanx zeN
Do you mean putting a DIN reg on a yoke valve?
You can only put a yoke insert in a 200-bar DIN valve.

Anyways, assuming the logical, I own a yoke adapter and still have yoke valves on my 80s. I converted my regs to DIN when I bought the three HP120 cylinders.

The adapter will bring the 1st stage closer to your head. This may or may not be a problem. I haven't noticed it being a real problem, but I think I did bump my head once or twice in Cozumel.
I would certainly OWN an adapter even if all of my tanks were DIN simply because when on vacation, you are most likely to get yoke.

I would prefer not to use it, and have converted all of my AL tanks except for my 80s to DIN. There are certainly no advantages to having the adapter... it's an extra O-ring and one more thing that you have to remember to bring with you.

you will be amazed - put in DIN YOKE Adapter in the search field and it turns up 107 threads for your perusal....

In summary - people normally go the other way round get DIN regs with a yoke adapter. A lot of tanks (well in the UK anyway) these days can be either.

Jonathan

No, I have all yoke fittings, and from reading the board din fittings seem to be stronger, but I see what you mean about another o ring in the equation, I guess the way to go is just upgrade to din fittings as I upgrade my equipment thanx:) zeN

zeN|| once bubbled...
No, I have all yoke fittings, and from reading the board din fittings seem to be stronger, but I see what you mean about another o ring in the equation, I guess the way to go is just upgrade to din fittings as I upgrade my equipment thanx:) zeN
It may or may not make a reliability difference, but actually on some regs, namely USD and Dacor, most of the regs are machined as yoke and converting them to DIN consists of screwing the adapter onto the existing seat... meaning that the DIN adapter has a "normal" tank O-ring in it, and it pushes the reg closer to your head.

Scubapro and Apeks regs are true conversions where the yoke seat is removed and replaced with a DIN seat so the reg doesn't change position relative to your head and no O-rings are added. IMHO, the Apeks DIN set has a superior filter to the yoke set.

Overall though, DIN is a better, more solid connection, and having your reg's converted to DIN with an adapter in your bag will allow you to use any tank available wherever in the world you may travel (cue Metallica chorus) :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom