YO257 (Sea Tiger) Night Dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MilitantMedic:
I can free dive for all bouys and mark them with chemlights. =)

Leesa suggested tying off at the stern, so we can drop straight down and have an ascent line to gain a tad of bottom time. (not having to swim so far back)

we could stick a glowstick on our way out, on the deep Kewalo pipe mooring. Bruce...

Leesa, I would love to see someone diagram the deck levels someday...hint, hint. The way you draw really lends itself to a cool cross-section....Wow, something like that would probably really get put in the archives around here.

Bruce, Tom, and Olivia.

List of divers is on the other post.

well, technically, I need a buddy. So...I just need to know if I need to find one, like Cris, or if ya'll would consider sharing air in an emergency with a non-DIR diver.

Actually, I need one anyway because I will have about 5 minutes in the engine room max, and you guys have longer. Olivia won't have doubles...would she leave with me? Or is she penetrating?

I plan on a steel 100, but diving like I have an 80, basically. I am SO GLAD this is not the DIR forum and I can speak freely. Yah-hoo!

I do love this dive.

I need some images though and so please pose a minute or two. The shot I want is a diver "working" with a reel, or doing something, slightly off -center, 45 degrees, and the face illuminated with the strobe on low setting. Ideally, I will get one eye, but not the other. The diver will not be lookin "at" me, just focusing on the wreck, etc. Also, I want one with the torches...something dramatic.

Backscatter is a huge problem down there because the tight passageways release a lot of milky rust. So....careful. I have been in three times, with only two divers. So we need to anticipate a little more silt issue and ...you guys use lines so that is nice. Not a huge safety issue, but that rust messes up my pics because it's ORANGE when light hits it.

Also, look out for the monster of the deep that lurks down there!...mostly eels and wires.

I plan to beg Leesa relentlessly for a drawing, just for fun.

catherine96821:
I plan on a steel 100, but diving like I have an 80, basically. I am SO GLAD this is not the DIR forum and I can speak freely. Yah-hoo!
But we still see.

Bruce, pretty much covered it, but.....
I would prefer 25/25 but as he said he is not Tri-mix certified so it will probably be 30% nitrox, due to the depth. Doubles are strictly for redundancy and we won't have to switch tanks between dives. Line will be run for safety and carry at least 3lights. I consider every dive a deco dive, but we will stay within the recreational limits for what we are doing. Our ascent will be on stop at 80% ATA then 1 min at 50, 40, 30, 20, 10.

well, I prefer it, but I will be your limiting factor unless I can find some .30 somewhere.

Jeff....come on Hawaii is not that far....Oh, that's right! you will be in Catalina with your little cart. I need to change this stupid avatar, it impacts my credibilty.

good.

well...guess I solved all my issues.

LOL come to the shop I'll get you 30%........but that won't happen will it?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom