Question Resort or liveaboard offering multiple dives per night

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ah I'm not actually necessarily looking for guided dives. Guide, or another customer, or solo (about to get my self-reliant certification) - I'm fine with them all. I'm just trying to find resorts or liveaboards that allow you to do multiple night dives in one night.
as mentioned above...hotel coz (now wyndam) along with scuba club (right next door) are two options on coz. you could also check with blue angel.

on cayman for example there are a bunch of condos that keep tanks on site and you just grab what you want, when you want.

bonaire would have a bunch of resorts that offer this as well.

just gotta make sure you have what you need before the shop closes for the day

Bonaire’s the obvious answer, if you can get there—put tanks in your truck and go whenever you want, easy navigation, soft currents, loads of sites. More in your neighborhood, I think that one can dive the house reef at Murex Bangka anytime, but the currents are highly variable.

Bonaire’s the obvious answer, if you can get there—put tanks in your truck and go whenever you want, easy navigation, soft currents, loads of sites. More in your neighborhood, I think that one can dive the house reef at Murex Bangka anytime, but the currents are highly variable.
Getting a rental car while staying at a dive destination resort? Hmm interesting, I hadn't thought of that. I'll keep that in mind! I wondering if the resort, which I would likely be getting the gear from, would have hesitations about me bringing their gear off-site. I guess if I'm renting it, it shouldn't be a big deal.

I contacted CoCoView Resort in Roatan, and they confirmed that they allow allow unlimited night dives. @js1221

I contacted Buddy Dive in Bonaire, and they confirmed that they allow unlimited shore diving (including night diving) if I purchase the unlimited shore diving package. @Doc Harry

I contacted Scuba Club in Cozumel, but they do not allow multiple night dives because "the shop closes at 6PM." @Doc Harry

Getting a rental car while staying at a dive destination resort? Hmm interesting, I hadn't thought of that. I'll keep that in mind! I wondering if the resort, which I would likely be getting the gear from, would have hesitations about me bringing their gear off-site. I guess if I'm renting it, it shouldn't be a big deal.
Ahh, I see the problem. You don’t know about Bonaire yet! “Dive freedom” is the mantra, most of the diving is from shore, and you go where you want, when you want—rent a truck, rent gear if you need to, drive through tank rental, load up and go when and (within reason) where you want.

Ahh, I see the problem. You don’t know about Bonaire yet! “Dive freedom” is the mantra, most of the diving is from shore, and you go where you want, when you want—rent a truck, rent gear if you need to, drive through tank rental, load up and go when and (within reason) where you want.
I've just read up on Bonaire dive via this other ScubaBoard thread, and I 100% understand what you mean now! Basically, it's standard to rent a truck and dive gear and drive yourself to one of the many dive sites along the shore. Meaning, I can literally make whatever schedule I want! Thanks!!

Wakatabi comes to mind in Indonesia. Home This is a land based live aboard resort that we went to a few years ago and look forward to returning. You can sign up for the live aboard or the land based week and or do both. There's great shore diving, but I don't remember if you can dive at night. You would have to check first. The diving, staff, hotel, boat and food were great. By the second day, it seemed that everyone working there knew my name.

I contacted Scuba Club in Cozumel, but they do not allow multiple night dives because "the shop closes at 6PM."
just curious what they told you.

did they say you had to have tanks back by 6pm? if thats the case i guess there is no night diving which obviously is not the case.

if you need to rent all your gear from them, perhaps they need the gear back by 6pm?

we have all our own gear so just need weights and tanks. so if i was to wanna do two night dives in one night, i just need to rent two tanks instead of one. but i have never had to bring them back by a certain time. we would just leave them in the empty pile when we are done. we have done this at a few places.

Wakatabi comes to mind in Indonesia.
True, and a good bit easier to get to for an Aussie. The Wakatobi dive staff monitors the (fantastic/world-class) house reef until 10p, and will come out in a skiff if need be, but I believe guests can dive the house reef 24/7, tide-dependent (it can get surprisingly sporty, and the current can reverse quickly). Also, the day boats do one or two guided dusk dives weekly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom