YO257 (Sea Tiger) Night Dive?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

onfloat:
Bruce, pretty much covered it, but.....
I would prefer 25/25 but as he said he is not Tri-mix certified so it will probably be 30% nitrox, due to the depth. Doubles are strictly for redundancy and we won't have to switch tanks between dives. Line will be run for safety and carry at least 3lights. I consider every dive a deco dive, but we will stay within the recreational limits for what we are doing. Our ascent will be on stop at 80% ATA then 1 min at 50, 40, 30, 20, 10.

I like to do these types of stops, too. But unless I'm the last one up, I don't get to do them because of the crowd. It would be nice to discuss this on the boat, too.

Catherine - you don't need anymore buddies now. I would like to go in but don't feel I'm qualified so I'll stay outside and watch you guys from the "windows" as best I can. I know you will get great pictures and I can't wait to see them.

There should be video too.........lol this is turning into a Canine and Equestrian Extravaganza.

four max....door is shut, then.

Becky...you will be part of it because you can see us in the first chamber and then again in the engine room by peering in. I would make the same call, to be honest. You have way plenty dives to go (300-400?), but it should be daytime and with one other diver the first trip in. (wow, I am so full of opinions today!)

I would like to shoot a diver from the inside...the profile looks cool at the entry way...just an idea, if the opportunity presents. Becky...bring your camera! the best shots are looking in.

Second dive...how deep is kewalo "deep"--65? It is deeper than you think, that is all I remember. We need to figure the SI so I can plan food. (During SI, or afterwards somewhere?) My vote would be potluck snacks and then go for adult beverages afterwards, even if it is just one beer.....gotta have that one beer.

maybe the manta will show.

catherine96821:
well, technically, I need a buddy. So...I just need to know if I need to find one, like Cris, or if ya'll would consider sharing air in an emergency with a non-DIR diver.

Actually, I need one anyway because I will have about 5 minutes in the engine room max, and you guys have longer. Olivia won't have doubles...would she leave with me? Or is she penetrating?

I plan on a steel 100, but diving like I have an 80, basically. I am SO GLAD this is not the DIR forum and I can speak freely. Yah-hoo!

I do love this dive.

I need some images though and so please pose a minute or two. The shot I want is a diver "working" with a reel, or doing something, slightly off -center, 45 degrees, and the face illuminated with the strobe on low setting. Ideally, I will get one eye, but not the other. The diver will not be lookin "at" me, just focusing on the wreck, etc. Also, I want one with the torches...something dramatic.

Backscatter is a huge problem down there because the tight passageways release a lot of milky rust. So....careful. I have been in three times, with only two divers. So we need to anticipate a little more silt issue and ...you guys use lines so that is nice. Not a huge safety issue, but that rust messes up my pics because it's ORANGE when light hits it.

Also, look out for the monster of the deep that lurks down there!...mostly eels and wires.

I plan to beg Leesa relentlessly for a drawing, just for fun.

Geeze, who is getting ahead of who here? I need more WA shots...

By the way, nice lurking Jeff...:D

MilitantMedic:
I'm skipping instructor, I don't feel like giving more money to PADI. Taking blender here soon, so I can mix for $$.

I'm going through IANTD for all, I really like their layout. Mostly because so many teens I know are getting interested in Scuba and I'd like to be the one to work with them ... plus I'm hoping for some future DIR team members. :wink:

This trip is sounding like SO much fun - I expect LOTS of pictures (hint, hint Catherine) :D

Have a great time, Tim

Diver Dennis:
Geeze, who is getting ahead of who here? I need more WA shots...

By the way, nice lurking Jeff...:D

yea, but did you see that I showed them your "doubles".....South Pacific style?

No, MM, thanks god those days are over....although I came close the other night at Sea Lancer's.

It would be really helpful if you were using 30% vs. air.

catherine96821:
yea, but did you see that I showed them your "doubles".....South Pacific style?

No, MM, thanks god those days are over....although I came close the other night at Sea Lancer's.
Hey!!! What did I miss?

lol Dive Shop Soap Opera. "As the Tank Turns."

well, then you bring extra for yourself and I will bring you some greenbacks.

Fishboy, do you have those old ST pics handy? Does anybody know if any plans of the boat exists? I would really like to see a drawing created, for reference. Anybody know a DM candidate that needs to do a site map?

(my soap is into the next season, with the Bali wedding)

Alex says he can get me .30 too.

Back
Top Bottom