Yet another new seaskin drysuit thread

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

David Novo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi everyone,

I am planning to order a Seaskin drysuit during the upcoming days to get it before Brexit (I live in the EU).

After reviewing the numerous posts on this topic, I am planning to order with the following features:

- Nova Option-Main Body Dry Zip Cover
- Dry Suit Option - Move Dump (DIR)
- Nova Option-Fully Telescopic Torso
- Nova Option-Increase Braces width to 40mm
- NO Logos on Suit
- NO Reflective Tape on Arms
- Nova Option-PU Crutch Reinforcement
- Dry Suit Option - Kevlar Knee Pads
- Nova Option-PU Shoulder Reinforcement
- Nova Option-Compressed Neoprene Socks

As you can see, I still did not close the seals (neck and wrists topic). Any recommendations on this topic?

In the peak of Winter, I still dive with thin wet gloves (to be able to photograph). I did not include a p-valve as I am just doing rec dives (usually max 1-hour).

What kind of temperatures do you dive with the 250g and 150g seaskin undergarments?

Thank you.

Hi everyone,

I am planning to order a Seaskin drysuit during the upcoming days to get it before Brexit (I live in the EU).

After reviewing the numerous posts on this topic, I am planning to order with the following features:

- Nova Option-Main Body Dry Zip Cover
- Dry Suit Option - Move Dump (DIR)
- Nova Option-Fully Telescopic Torso
- Nova Option-Increase Braces width to 40mm
- NO Logos on Suit
- NO Reflective Tape on Arms
- Nova Option-PU Crutch Reinforcement
- Dry Suit Option - Kevlar Knee Pads
- Nova Option-PU Shoulder Reinforcement
- Nova Option-Compressed Neoprene Socks

As you can see, I still did not close the seals (neck and wrists topic). Any recommendations on this topic?

In the peak of Winter, I still dive with thin wet gloves (to be able to photograph). I did not include a p-valve as I am just doing rec dives (usually max 1-hour).

What kind of temperatures do you dive with the 250g and 150g seaskin undergarments?

Thank you.

Following your post as I am also have intentions of ordering new Seaskin drysuit :) Next week will finish my PADI Drysuit course. Very interesting to know in which temperature you can feel comfortable in 250 g Seaskin thinsulate undergarments.

Following your post as I am also have intentions of ordering new Seaskin drysuit :) Next week will finish my PADI Drysuit course. Very interesting to know in which temperature you can feel comfortable in 250 g Seaskin thinsulate undergarments.

Based on your location, this matter is not so urgent for you :D

Based on your location, this matter is not so urgent for you :D

No, it is urgent as well as I want to dive in cold water during summer time and usually it takes some time for MTM drysuit to be made and delivered. In my location water is a bit warmer (+14C) but during winter times it is getting a bit chilly (+5C) :D

The suit options are ok, I would and have gone with si-tech seal systems and silicon seals. I would go with the plastic zipper. I would also have them put a pee valve in it, I use the trigon, it doesn’t cost much to have them put it in and you don’t have to use it but once you do...you’ll be glad it’s there.

No one can answer the cold tolerance question for you, my tolerance has dropped a lot and now I’m using heavy weight wool for a base and waterproof mesh Tec and so far it’s been great.

No, it is urgent as well as I want to dive in cold water during summer time and usually it takes some time for MTM drysuit to be made and delivered. In my location water is a bit warmer (+14C) but during winter times it is getting a bit chilly (+5C) :D

I stand corrected :D

No one can answer the cold tolerance question for you, my tolerance has dropped a lot and now I’m using heavy weight wool for a base and waterproof mesh Tec and so far it’s been great.

What is the temperature range in which you dive with these undergarments?

Why the plastic zipper?
I just like them better, I replaced my brass zip on the Nova suit with a tizip and it has been perfect, less prone to damage and so much easier to use. By the time my brass zipper got easy to zip it soon after started to leak. I have brass on my neoprene suit but it’s back zip, I can’t zip it myself anyway so it doesn’t matter so much.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom