XS Scuba Dry 5?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

j.doe

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hey Everyone

I am looking to spend a little more money this summer, in my every growing hobby. Anyways has anyone used the XS Scuba dry 5 glove?

I tried one on in the store and is is VERY comfortable, but I have read on one posting that it is susceptible to a squeeze because is is non equalized and dry.

Are they worth the money? do they keep your hands dry? or do you have another glove that you recommend.

Due to the nature of diving that I do, I want to keep just plain latex seals on my drysuit, but it would be nice in the spring and fall to have a little extra protection. Any other glove suggestions until $150 would be appreciated.

Thanks

great bang for your buck!!!!
been using for 3 years
same situation-when water's warmer,i use the dry five
when it's 32*-42*,i use the dry attached
i can handle the dry fives for about 45 min@ 32 *-then i'm not having fun
they are a bear to get on/ off however...
i went from large to 2 x-much better!!!!!!!
have fun
yaeg

These are my gloves of choice. My first cold water dive was 2 months ago in 38f water. That lasted 12mins with standard 5mm gloves. I went out and got the dry 5s and havent looked back. My last couple dives with the gloves have been in 38f water and i have been in from 45 min +. hands dont even get chilly. Now getting them on and off is tricky. I found with practice, that i have to roll up my wetsuit sleeve slighty for the inner seal, then roll the sleeves over the seal, then roll the outer seal over the wetsuit sleeve. I also have to put my left one on first. This is all with practice. Getting them off is hard but its worth it. They dont keep your hands dry they just limit water flow in and out like a semi dry wetsuit.

I've used a pair as rentals and I intend to buy a pair of my own at some point. 40F water and my hands were nice and comfy. I agree with the above posters though, they are an absolute pain to get on and off, unless they're dry and your hands are dry, in which case they're just difficult.

Back
Top Bottom