XS Scuba Aluminium Travel Plate?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Don't forget Aluminum hardware, plastic tank buckles, plastic waist belt buckle.

To save weight. SS drings add up quick. My air travel rig only has two D rings. Left waist, and crotch. Rubber innertube loops still allow spool, dsmb, and flashlight mounting, if needed. (Unlikely)
I have Dive Rite aluminum tank buckles.

Don't forget Aluminum hardware, plastic tank strap buckles, plastic waist belt buckle. Pirahna has all of that.

To save weight. SS d rings can add up quick. My air travel rig only has two D rings. Left waist, and crotch. Rubber innertube loops, and/or bungie loops, still allow spool, dsmb, and flashlight mounting, if needed. (Unlikely)
That's super helpful, was definitely on the same page about AL hardware, so thanks for confirming that I'm on the right track :)

Sorry for the delay.
Halcyon's stuff is way over priced and it's not that much better. You're just paying for the name.

It's not the back-plate, it's the style of the wing that determine if you need a STA or not. Sub Gravity wings do not require a STA. I would look at the whole Sub Gravity BP/W system. You get the choice of 2 aluminum (3 stainless steel) back-plates, 4 wing sizes, 3 weight pocket sizes and 2 harness styles. They make good quality gear and are extremely helpful and quick answering email questions.
I have their 3mm aluminum BP, 26 lb wing, drop down small weight pockets and adjustable harness for my travel set up. I love their adjustable harness, clean & simple with no plastic parts.
Yup, I'm definitely looking at the Sub Gravity setups now that you've pointed me in that direction! Their website says the 3mm short aluminium BP is on backorder, I emailed them to ask when they'd expect it to ship out and also reached out to DRIS who's reached out as well, but no word back yet from Sub Gravity.

Not sure if Sub Gravity is on a production/manufacturing hold? Wondering if anyone out there knows anything...

Yup, I'm definitely looking at the Sub Gravity setups now that you've pointed me in that direction! Their website says the 3mm short aluminium BP is on backorder, I emailed them to ask when they'd expect it to ship out and also reached out to DRIS who's reached out as well, but no word back yet from Sub Gravity.

Not sure if Sub Gravity is on a production/manufacturing hold? Wondering if anyone out there knows anything...
They are usually very good about responding to emails.
I just looked and there are 12 Sub Gravity dealers within 80 miles of Los Angeles, maybe reach out to them to see if they have any in stock.
If your in a rush, I can check to see if my guy has one?

Since you need a small plate, this is worth a look.

It's still steel, but cuts a couple of pounds over a standard steel doubles plate. And it's flat so will take up very little space in your bag. Single tank plates are very nice to dive with because they keep the tank closer to your body.

It does require an STA. Piranha has some colored aluminum ones that only weigh 5 ounces. Backplates & Single Tank Adapters Piranha Dive Shop |

Since you need a small plate, this is worth a look.

It's still steel, but cuts a couple of pounds over a standard steel doubles plate. And it's flat so will take up very little space in your bag. Single tank plates are very nice to dive with because they keep the tank closer to your body.
It looks like most wings aren't compatible with it, definitely not ones with built in tank stabilizers.

They are usually very good about responding to emails.
I just looked and there are 12 Sub Gravity dealers within 80 miles of Los Angeles, maybe reach out to them to see if they have any in stock.
If your in a rush, I can check to see if my guy has one?
Sorry for the delay. Just heard back from DRIS for the backorder, so all set now. Just want to say I appreciate all the advice and for offering to check on your end! :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom