XL4 Lightweight Regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If it indicates popularity, the XL4 has been on allocation for months, and still not caught up.

Indeed. I waited quite a while over the summer. Forgot to mention that. Given that it is about 10% less expensive than the XTX50/DS4 it's easy to see the appeal. I know the XTX is beloved by many, but I think the XL4 is a desirable option at the $500-ish US retail price point. The good press from Scuba Diving magazine with a "Testers Choice" rating probably drove a lot more sales too.

very interesting opinion,,, iif XL4 is flight in new clothes, is there any difference between both of the them.. is Xl4 good investment as primary regulator, or still prefer XTX 50/40?

very interesting opinion,,, iif XL4 is flight in new clothes, is there any difference between both of the them.. is Xl4 good investment as primary regulator, or still prefer XTX 50/40?

The second stage of the XL4 is obviously related to the Flight. The unique hose attachment on the Flight was dropped for a common fitting on the XL4. But it’s not hard to see the resemblance.

The Flight has a very different first stage whereas the XL4 is based on the well proven DS4. The Flight does not have an environmental dry kit and is not intended for cold water use.

I think the point is that the XL4 is intended to be a small and light primary do-it-all regulator. The Flight was always trying to be a warm water travel regulator.

Confirmed. US site currently has two errors. No LH configuration, no Opening Effort Adjustment. UK site is correct.
US site is now corrected.

The price different is quite significant just for the extra HP port and getting the option of a white second stage.

Just get xtx50s for both. That’s what most of the tec divers I see use

It looks like it would be a neat little recreational travel reg. Although to be honest I'd prefer the Flight 1st and the XL4 second. I've got a Flight and the proprietary hose pisses me off.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom