xDeep BLACK - bottom timer / computer features. Sold beginning Friday, July 26th !

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks all for your infos and advice :)
Divestock, Dan's and many more don't have them in stock. Most say 2-3 weeks for availability but some told me the factory tell them this delivery delay for months!!!
Don't know what's happening with xDeep but they are reallyunprofessional doing that way. Either they lie on purpose by fear to lose their Customer if they say the truth or they don't know anything about what's happening in their factor and are not able to provide reliable ETA... what would be Worth, imho.
For the OSTC Sport, This is not in stock and we need 3 weeks to have them + delivery. As I need my new Dive Cop for my next trip to Malaysian in mid-October. So it is not an alternative.
I think I will have to climb a step and go for something like OSTC 3 or Divesoft Freedom.
Seriously, why did I believe 3 months long xDeep could deliver something... :losecool:

I got mine from Dive Right in Scuba. Any luck with DRIS or the North American xDeep distributor, Sebastian at Tech Dive Gear? We heard previously that shops in Europe were getting them before the North American dive shops.

Are you connecting the usb adapter into the Black before plugging it into your laptop? I read somewhere that's the recommended method, this way all contacts of the adapter are fully seated before power is applied.

I tried to reproduce the bug and found what caused it. When I 'start USB', I get 'wait..." then the screen gets black and the computer reboots. So I think the USB driver causes the computer to crash

Nope, none here. We have about 25 people waiting to get one. Some people cancel, and there are always more people coming. We still have a bunch on order, and have only received 11 so far. So, we have shipped some. We had a trimix available a couple weeks ago, and nobody waiting wanted it. Then someone called and got it the next day.

I don't think anyone is really getting them in to stock...they are all pre-sold. I would suggest if you want one, get an order in somewhere and get in line. We don't charge you till it ships, and you can cancel anytime....or you could get called for a Trimix if we get one. Either way, if there isn't an order, we can't let you know what we have available.

Leviathann, try a new USB cable and let me know what happens.

Nope, none here. We have about 25 people waiting to get one. Some people cancel, and there are always more people coming. We still have a bunch on order, and have only received 11 so far. So, we have shipped some. We had a trimix available a couple weeks ago, and nobody waiting wanted it. Then someone called and got it the next day.

I don't think anyone is really getting them in to stock...they are all pre-sold. I would suggest if you want one, get an order in somewhere and get in line. We don't charge you till it ships, and you can cancel anytime....or you could get called for a Trimix if we get one. Either way, if there isn't an order, we can't let you know what we have available.

Leviathann, try a new USB cable and let me know what happens.

Mike, it's hard to believe that this CF is still going on. I feel bad for guys like you who are making an honest to goodness effort to sell these things. xDeep have zero credibility in most people's minds. Sebastian thought that by withdrawing from SB, the problem would go away. It looks like most of their customers have now gone away

Hi All,

Thanks for your info and help. After checking with my spouse (as we both need to change our dive comp) we check what we wanted on it:
- Capacity to evolve to Trimix (as we plan to do Trimix training in the future)
- Valid to 100+ meters (for same reason as above)
- (optional) O2 monitoring (maybe after Trimix, we will wish to go for for rebreather training :p)
- Digital Compass
- LCD or OLED screen
- USB connection
- Compact and light (less than 200g)

Checking all this, we just decided to give up xDeep and go for OSTC 3 instead. I found a shop that has them in stock and we will order them this week :)

Thanks everyone for the help

Mike, it's hard to believe that this CF is still going on. I feel bad for guys like you who are making an honest to goodness effort to sell these things. xDeep have zero credibility in most people's minds. Sebastian thought that by withdrawing from SB, the problem would go away. It looks like most of their customers have now gone away

With 5 plus calls and emails a day from people wanting to buy one, I don't think their customers have gone away.... :wink:

Ya, it sucks, but it is what it is. Some people have gotten them so far and are happy, but there are alot still waiting.

With 5 plus calls and emails a day from people wanting to buy one, I don't think their customers have gone away.... :wink:

Ya, it sucks, but it is what it is. Some people have gotten them so far and are happy, but there are alot still waiting.

did I miss something?

You have received (and I assume delivered) 11 so far, and are getting 5 calls a day from people wanting to buy it but yet you only have 25 people in line.

From this, it sounds to me that 5 calls a day is far more than 36, indicating that most of their customers have gone away

did I miss something?

You have received (and I assume delivered) 11 so far, and are getting 5 calls a day from people wanting to buy it but yet you only have 25 people in line.

From this, it sounds to me that 5 calls a day is far more than 36, indicating that most of their customers have gone away

You didn't miss anything. Just because people call wanting one, and are checking inventory status or ETA, doesn't mean they buy one and get one on order. The 25 in line is people that have actually placed an order, and made a commitment.

Also, we have a steady line of about 25. Some people get into line every week, and others get out, plus, like I said we have been shipping some when we get them in. The line seems to be holding around 25, and moving. Kind of like going to 6 Flags Great America. There is an hour wait...but the line moves and you keep moving on up, unless you get out of line. And of course, others are getting back in.

Make more sense?

Again, I stick to my first statement of them not losing too much business over this as many people are anxiously awaiting it's release. Have they lost some, of course, but there are still more people calling about this computer than any other one we sell.

Again, indicating that most of their customer have not gone away. But hey, what do I know.....

Back
Top Bottom