xDeep BLACK - bottom timer / computer features. Sold beginning Friday, July 26th !

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well I have one ordered but there is still no word on it, I even email the dealer all I got was an email back that said it will take them about 1 or 2 moths to catch up to every order but from what I've been reading from ppl that have resend ed here its basically the same thing they have gotten so I doubt the actual date was July 26...but I live in connecticut so dive season is almost over cause of winter coming up so I hope I get it soon or else it's just gonna be sitting at home in its box doing nothing...kinda getting disappointed because of it but being my first computer still exited to get it..I'll probably just use it in the tub if it keeps getting delayed.... I want my black bt and I want it now...pronto...

Tegii, if you go back and read up on this.....you'll see that this computer was supposed to be released Friday, July 26, 2013. That was 369 days ago.

Well I just got off the phone with the ppl that I ordered it from and they said that hopefully by the end of this week they should have some in so I have my fingers crossed. .

Have had my xdeep bt version since two weeks now.
First impression after a few dives.
Pro: nice easy to read OLED screen, easy navigating, many options and handy UDDF export function.

Con: some bugs, but they are fixed every software update (which works perfactly with my BT). Temperature readings still a bit off. Some UI elements are little to small.
Also positive, Piotr responds very quickly to bugs or suggestions I have sent him.
One thing does irritate me. I think it's a bug, Piotr says it's a feature: The BT when I am at the surface, will still display a depth of 0,1 or 0,2 meters (because my wrist is in the water). Sometimes also when I go out of the water the BT will stay at 0,1 meters for about 10 seconds. His response "is not a bug, but a result of demand of instructors, who want's to have the dive continued when they discussing something in the middle of the dive on the surface."
In my opinion it would be better to let the BT go in surface mode <0.5 meters and when you go down in, for example, 3 minutes it will continue the dive. Because now you will have a strange profile: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/34216403/xdeep.jpg
After the dive I edit the profile and just delete the end of the dive for now.

Overall I am a happy xdeep user!

Reactions: ctu
I could put mine (Black-BT) in the water today for the first time.
Impressive...:D - and that after two years to develop exaggerated expectations.

If there are no future quality issues I expect to use it for some time and might even upgrade it someday to EAN and Trimix.
But for the time being this is everything I require and no other device fits my personal needs this perfectly.

What I like most about it (was the main reason I was dissatisfied with my current one): It holds the eezycut perfectly. :cool2:
And I get a very nice display for low visibility dives with it for free. :wink:

I would not use this as an 'only' or 'first' computer/bottomtimer however.
It has to earn my trust first for a few dozen dives before I upgrade it.
But I trust it enough after just one tryout dive to remove the third computer and use a single backup.

I could not verify any temperature issue for myself by the way, just one dive 30min, but within one degree of 13Celsius on all three computers (two of which I know to be as precise as is possible).

Does the log show compass data also? (may help a lot for mapping dive sites, specially caves).

Does the log show compass data also? (may help a lot for mapping dive sites, specially caves).

All a compass measures is direction, not distance or position. Would be cool to have that sort of technology but until we can get GPS to function reliably underwater (and in a cave)... knowing that at minute 14 you were going east may or may not be useful data

It does not show compass directions in the logfile on the device.
It saves them to uddf for export, though.

A bit more irritating than useful before cleaning up the times it logged when the arm was extended with the compass pointing in another direction than the target you really dive towards.
But if you point the compass in a certain direction for some time at every waypoint you should be able to clean up everything but those intervalls with the depth and time information.
Could be useful for mapping if you really can keep a constant speed for a certain distance or can keep track of distances another way separately and put it together afterwards.

Last edited:
Has anyone else noted that temporary shorting the 2 outer pins on the connector on the Side of the Black seems act as a reset?
This was the only way I could revive my locked up BT. Although it was still reacting while being put in water, the buttons didn't react to any combination of key presses.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom