xDeep BLACK - bottom timer / computer features. Sold beginning Friday, July 26th !

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi there folks.

I pre ordered BT from my local importer 2 weeks ago, they told me then its gonna be available within few days or weeks. Today i received email that delivery of BT will still take several weeks??!!, no specific schedule were given from manufacturer =(

So i think i have to cancel my bargain and lean towards OSTC 3, nights are getting very dark in here north.

Sadly I was afraid this was going to happen and that's why I didn't pre order. Sucks too cause I really love my harness and probably would this as well but they have flat out dropped the ball on this imho.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

I saw this at BTS in Jersey. Definitely looked slick and very appealing. I was told by Piotr (If I recollect correctly) that it would be available "very" soon. My wait is over - I just bought the Nitek.

and I bought a Kaon...

It's such a shame, but the lack of communication and the never ending "soon" release date are killing this product. If the answer to when the product will be launched remains "soon", and it has been so for over a year, people will get fed up eventually, buying from the competition.

It's such a shame, but the lack of communication and the never ending "soon" release date are killing this product. If the answer to when the product will be launched remains "soon", and it has been so for over a year, people will get fed up eventually, buying from the competition.

And they already are, I've begun to look at other computers myself.

And they already are, I've begun to look at other computers myself.
Likewise. I've been really rooting for the Black, wanting it to be as great as it looks, and as of as high quality as advertised. However, with no concrete date being named (reasons first being bureaucratic problems, but reasons are currently unknown), it's really hard to keep being enthusiastic. Without a doubt in my mind, I still want it the BT badly (and the EANx and TMX upgrades), but the competition is starting to look more appealing every passing day.

For me it was not just the infernal wait. It's this: The Nitek Q costs less for the EANx model than a similar Black. (Yes, I know that the Black has color and I'm stuck with yellow). But I get support from DR and they have an established track record in the US. There is also not a single review of the product yet. (Duh - It's not available I suppose). But why spend more on a product that is not yet proven?

Likewise. I've been really rooting for the Black, wanting it to be as great as it looks, and as of as high quality as advertised. However, with no concrete date being named (reasons first being bureaucratic problems, but reasons are currently unknown), it's really hard to keep being enthusiastic. Without a doubt in my mind, I still want it the BT badly (and the EANx and TMX upgrades), but the competition is starting to look more appealing every passing day.

Couldn't have said it better, I'd love to have one before the end of the year and even before a upcoming trip but it seems like a bad case of procrastination. One thing I am curious about tho is you buy the EANx and TMX version will you still be able access a BT function.

One thing I am curious about tho is you buy the EANx and TMX version will you still be able access a BT function.
Personally speaking, it'd be rather silly if you wouldn't be able to access the BT with the EANx/TMX firmware installed as it just requires the decompression algorithms to be turned off during the dive.

TecDiveGear does claim something different though: if you buy the BLACK with EANx/Trimix preloaded, you wouldn't be able to revert to the BT functionality, you'd have to buy this firmware separately. This, in my opinion, would be strange, to put it mildly. I tried confirming this with xDeep through Facebook, but they haven't responded to my question.

Personally speaking, it'd be rather silly if you wouldn't be able to access the BT with the EANx/TMX firmware installed as it just requires the decompression algorithms to be turned off during the dive.

TecDiveGear does claim something different though: if you buy the BLACK with EANx/Trimix preloaded, you wouldn't be able to revert to the BT functionality, you'd have to buy this firmware separately. This, in my opinion, would be strange, to put it mildly. I tried confirming this with xDeep through Facebook, but they haven't responded to my question.

Wow. I'll be keeping my eye out now to confirm or bust this now. If I cant use BT with computer programs with out buying it when that should be included, then I would almost definitely go elsewhere. I can buy BT elsewhere and for less money too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom