xDeep BLACK - bottom timer / computer features. Sold beginning Friday, July 26th !

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I see. DRIS was relaying their own opinion, not information from you, when they said product was in the mail.

Can't address that accurately, some dealers may try to obtain info directly from xdeep as we do and again planned vs. actually shipped may be mistaken or simply twisted along the communication path. For us planned is NOT shipped and shipped is shipped only when having confirmation (paperwork, packaging lists, invoices etc.) from xdeep and from cargo forwarder.

1) X-Deep said they will ship the product on day N, and you relayed that information to the dealers, verbatim.
2) Day N passed, and day N+1 started, and no new information was available at that point.
3) The dealers automatically concluded that the product has shipped, and communicated that to the customers.
4) From your side, no explicit confirmation was ever given that the shipment did take place.

exactly ...

Mike @ DRIS, do you agree with this diagnosis of the situation, is it accurate from your perspective? To be frank, Sebastian's explanation does seem plausible...

Seb, really? You have been telling the truth all along and Mike is the bad guy?

Let's see:

I visited BTS in Mar 2013 and Seb told me with a straight (and enthusiatic) face that the xDeep would be available in 2 weeks. LOL.

Then Seb posted this on SB:

>> Good morning all
I'm happy to announce that long expected BLACK - bottom timer / upgrade-able to NITROX / TRIMIX computer will be available to buy this Friday July 26th, 2013".<<

That's straight from Seb. No ifs, ands or buts. I wasn't confused by that. Anyone have any doubts?

Of course nothing appeared on Jul 26. More lies.

I met with Seb again at DEMA - Once again we were assured that the computer would be released within two weeks. More lies? Or is this Mike's fault, Seb?

Saw him again at BTS last month...same BS line was delivered. You guessed it "two weeks".

Mike has been pretty consistent all along. He keeps us updated with emails regarding status and discussions with the distributor. But now we are been led to believe by Seb that it's Mike who's the bad guy and that he should not have been keeping his customers in the loop. Heck, I wouldn't even consider buying this if not for Mike. I certainly don't trust Tecdivegear and their total BS they have been feeding us. Now we are told thatthe only way to contact them is by phone.

Seb: Stop making false promises. That's all we ask. Keep us updated with regard to production and estimated delivery when you have accurate information. BUT stop with this crap about "two weeks" every time someone asks you and then get upset when they call out your lies. If you think that lying can help you build a good brand in the US, you are seriously mistaken.

You have been telling the truth all along and Mike is the bad guy?

You have every right to be frustrated, but the only way out of such situations is by continuing a dialogue, and you will not get much dialogue by personally insulting people you are trying to talk to... now that Sebastian has decided to respond, it is in our best interest to continue a polite conversation about facts... Being polite is not mutually exclusive with being firm. You can and should be firm without throwing sand in a person's eyes. There are no "bad guys" or "good guys" here, we are all human, and people make mistakes. We now got a chance to finally understand what mistakes were made, hopefully straighten this mess, and increase transparency...

Mike my absence here and there is a prove for totally opposite, businesswise we are so busy with so much projects around in progress that we don't have time to sit on monitor and watch every post movement on Scuba Board (although it would be great to have that much free time)

S.J
Sebastian, fair enough, I can fully respect you dont have time to sit on monitor and watch every post movement on Scuba Board...

As the OP to this thread, as the US representitive and primary distributor of the product, and as YOU personally making statements to availability I would think you would make the time to simply give an occasional statement of no solid date yet and answer questions to a thread you started.

Sent via flying butt monkie using Tapatalk 2

So, it looks like we have a Black BT that just opened up due to a cancellation....

LOL, Just heard back from Poland, their package is being picked up by their forwarder tomorrow, and heading to the USA!!! :D

You have every right to be frustrated, but the only way out of such situations is by continuing a dialogue, and you will not get much dialogue by personally insulting people you are trying to talk to... now that Sebastian has decided to respond, it is in our best interest to continue a polite conversation about facts... Being polite is not mutually exclusive with being firm. You can and should be firm without throwing sand in a person's eyes. There are no "bad guys" or "good guys" here, we are all human, and people make mistakes. We now got a chance to finally understand what mistakes were made, hopefully straighten this mess, and increase transparency...

Here's an easy out for Sebastian.

"I'm sorry that I made those promises." And stop telling people that it will be available in two weeks.

The "uncivility" in this thread is caused by unfulfilled promises made by Seb frustrating everyone. Not us complaining that they are lying to their customers. If he had just said, "We don't know yet", none of this would be an issue.

Somehow we have changed from being customers to annoying predators. Incredible. People are lining up to buy a product and the distributor is upset when they get frustrated about being lied to. Freaking incredible!

---------- Post added April 15th, 2014 at 10:11 AM ----------

Sebastian, fair enough, I can fully respect you dont have time to sit on monitor and watch every post movement on Scuba Board...

Politely disagree. That is a sign of a good distributor. Also his comments to me at DEMA belied that anyway. He was pissed off with "annoying people on SB" who were complaining about this situation and being lied to.

WOW>....

Ok, so regardless of this mess, I don't think anyone is calling me a liar. In my post, I said they were supposed to be shipping Monday(yesterday)....my post was based from an email here, from the Xdeep distributor in the US:

"Just spoke with big brother (Sebastian), xDeep is sending us computers this Monday but no confirmation of qty yet, based on that we could +/- establish
how much is granted.

We will try to tell you more next week after the actual shipment is done, please remind yourself if I would forget."

That was when I posted that they should be shipping Monday. Typically when we hear something is shipping, it is actually shipping. I would have hoped that Xdeep here, is riding Xdeep overseas for real information...I know I would be. The fact is, I am trying to keep you guys in the loop, so there isn't long periods of wait with no word. I ask about every week for an update...sometimes I get one, sometimes I don't. At this point, I think it is best that any update given here is speculation. When we have units in our hand, I am more than happy to let everyone know (like the 3 we already shipped). Other than that, it seems to be the same dance of the 2 weeks if they didn't ship them. I just don't want to disappear, like XDeep did...and not give any info. So, any info is to be taken for what it's worth. Unless you hear me say I have them :wink:

So Sebastian, to save an email....Do you know if they shipped them yesterday like planned? If so, do you have a qty you will be receiving? If not, do you have a new ETA or anything in terms of reasoning for a delay?

While this has been a entertaining thread to follow, it really seems that some people are just on a witch hunt at this point lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

While this has been a entertaining thread to follow, it really seems that some people are just on a witch hunt at this point lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Actually...most people are on a computer hunt. That's the real irony. Despite all of the accusations of ineptitude by Sebastian, most still want to buy the darn computer! (Because they trust that DRIS will stand behind their purchase I assume). And none of this needed to happen. All he had to was deal with it properly. Explain why there were delays and not make any more promises of delivery of goods that he could not control. Do you think the negative publicity is worth it for such a small company?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom