Wrist mount for women

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CompuDude:
Are you using the skinny bungee or the thick stuff that has to be seriously forced through? I have the thick stuff, and I'm wondering if that helps...

I first had a DSS mount with the thin bungie, it tore through the sides of the mount. Part of the problem, I think, was the pressure put on the hole by the thin bungee was spread over a smaller area, putting more stress on the material. Another part of the problem (once again, speculation here) is that the thinner material actually has less elasticity, it got much tighter when stretched, also stressing the mount.

My new ones use thicker bungee, and I've had no problems with them.

skdvr:
I want to buy my wife a computer (without her knowing) and I was wondering if any of you women dive a wrist mount, and if so what kind. I have a Stainless Steel Nemo and it is to big for her, so I was kind of wondering if the Nemo sport is any different in size. Just curious. Thanks for any input...

Phil

Aeris and Oceanic make similar units that are small and light weight. I use an Oceanic Atom 2.0. I wear it all week while on vacation...It comes with a longer watch band type strap that can be easily added to the wrist band to lengthen it.

Aeris Makes the Elite 3, and Oceanic makes the Atom 2.0 Both of these units are air integrated

the non air integrated versions are:
Aeris Manta dive watch and Oceanic Geo dive watch.

All of these units are nitrox compatible.

i like my atom because it is quite flat and doesn't stick up too far off of my wrist and it doesn't weigh a ton like men's watches typically do.

How important do you think that it is that we have the same brand of Computer. I just thought that it would be benificial to have something that uses the same formula for calculating remaining bottom time and safety stops. thanks again for the imput...

Phil

skdvr:
How important do you think that it is that we have the same brand of Computer. I just thought that it would be benificial to have something that uses the same formula for calculating remaining bottom time and safety stops. thanks again for the imput...

Phil
If you dive with the same people a lot, it may indeed be wise to select the same brand computer for that very reason. You put someone in the water with a Suunto (the most conservative), and someone with them holding an Oceanic computer (one of the more liberal), and the person with the Suunto is going to have to head up a lot sooner than the person with the Oceanic, other things being equal.

Similarly, if you buy a spare or seconddary/backup, it's a good idea to consider the same brand for the same reasons.

That is what I figured, but I did not know how different they would be. I guess that I will try to stick with Mares then, unless you know of another brand that is pretty close in the algorithm that they use. If I do stick to the Nemo I am not exactly sure how I do the bungee strap with it, since the strap actually attaches at two points on each side of the watch. It would certainly be a ton easier without the strap. I have to use the extra drysuit strap when I am wearing a wetsuit, and it is kind of a pain in the but...

Thanks again for all the help...

Phil

I use the Shunto D9 and have also used the Mosquito. I have a 5 1/2" wrist and both suit me fine. I have plenty of room for a thicker suit but they fit well on a thin on as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom