Wrist mount for women

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ClayJar:
I use DSS wrist mounts on my Suunto computer and compass. They're great. (The only modification I'm thinking of doing is using a couple spent .22 shells as brass reinforcements for the holes...)

Hadn't thought of that. Good idea.

Could you elaborate on how to use the spent shells... That sounds like an awesome idea...

Phil

I had a couple on my desk (leftover from the one time my significant buddy and I decided to try out the firing range for Christmas). I was playing with my computer, and I noticed that they were basically just about perfectly sized to force into the holes on the wrist mount. They're a few millimeters longer, and you'd obviously have to drill out the bottom, but basically, they should be practically ready-made sleeves to line the holes.

How the heck did you people manage to break the Delrin used for the DSS wrist mounts? Those suckers are strong!

The wrist mounts aren't Delrin like the spools, are they? They're "elastomeric material", as opposed to, say, the thumbwheels which are "Molded from Delrin" or the Q-Tach retainers which are "tough, springy Delrin".

Ah, good point. Guess I've been lucky?

Are you using the skinny bungee or the thick stuff that has to be seriously forced through? I have the thick stuff, and I'm wondering if that helps...

The thick stuff does indeed help (and there's likely little reason to use a sleeving system with the thick stuff, as it's already putting even pressure around the hole, instead of trying to tear through like the stringy bits in a nice CAT5 cable).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom