Wrinkles' October 30th Dive in La Jolla And Beach BBQ

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jimapia:
Hey all.

Im new to scuba board and diving in San Diego. Can I join you guys and maybe meet some new dive partners?

Jim
jimapia@yahoo.com

This is going to be a great way to meet local and nearly local divers. Looking forward to shakin your hand and talking about diving. See you then

soy:
Hey just got the pm in my email. I think I will try to make it to the dive. I'll need to rent a rig.. just the bcd/reg/tanks/computer and a hood..

I'm going on my PADI checkout dives this weekend, one off the beach in redondo and another in catalina. Then in a couple weeks I'll be taking an AOW class. I may or may not be able to get my buddy from my PADI course to come with me, if I can't is there usually people there to buddy up with?

I'll check back on this thread if anyone has any advice as the event draws near. :crafty:
Hi Soy,

We have rental and air fill deals for you on that day if you look at the "sister" thread to this one.

There will be plenty of people to dive with! Come on down and meet all of your new dive buddies!

Be sure to post if you're coming so that we have the right amount of food.

Christian

This is just a reminder (for those of you who haven't) to go to the following URL and click on the link to add yourself to the list of attendees on the public Calendar.

http://www.scubaboard.com/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=180&day=2004-10-30

Remember, if you have multiple people in your party, let Ann Marie know how many for planning purposes. You can do that by either posting it here or sending her a PM.

All divers and non-divers, ScubaBoard members and non-ScubaBoard members are welcome.

DISCOUNTS!!!

Don't forget to post to this thread we started for discounts on air fills, rentals and purchases for the day of the Wrinkles Dive:

http://www.scubaboard.com/t74341-wrinkles'-october-30th-air-fills,-rental-and-purchasing-needs.html

By the way, I'll re-post this from time to time, so that this link is always easy to find close to the end of this thread.

Christian

I will be there. With 2 ez-ups, and if there is anything else you want me to bring drop me a line.

:(
Won't be coming after all.

Unfortunately there's been a death in the family, and the services are this weekend. I hope you all have great dives, and look forward to the next one. I was assigned to bring:
watermelon
forks, knives, spoons, etc.

I hope someone doesn't mind taking up the slack.

Take care guys,
Gannon

Okay, time for transportational logistics. Where are we parking and meeting? I assume that this aerial photo shows the place we're meeting: La Jolla Shores parking lot and Kellogg park nearby, no?

http://www.californiacoastline.org/cgi-bin/image.cgi?image=9506&mode=sequential&flags=0&year=2002

Also, as I scroll thru the photos going southeast I see the Marine Room maybe 1/8 mile south of here. For us who are going to be doing some easy shallow dives, we dive at the Marine Room, no? If so, it looks like we have to drive over there.

mccabejc:
Also, as I scroll thru the photos going southeast I see the Marine Room maybe 1/8 mile south of here. For us who are going to be doing some easy shallow dives, we dive at the Marine Room, no? If so, it looks like we have to drive over there.
If you do want to drive over there, there is a road that cuts just above it and up a slight hill you can usually find parking not too far up it... From that road just walk down it to a break between the residential housing and the marine room... There's a little paved sidewalk area that goes straight out to the beach over there... Just don't expect to find parking too easily when you try to come back to the Shores... Carpool the gear in a truck perhaps...

And for ease here is the photo of the marine room front:
http://www.californiacoastline.org/cgi-bin/image.cgi?image=9512&mode=sequential&flags=0&year=2002
The little paved area is just between the red roof and the grey roofed house...

I assume we can park in that big parking lot at Kellogg Park, right? I think Zulu mentioned before that we would drop our equipment off and park on side streets. Also, is the Marine Room walking distance from the park?

mccabejc:
I assume we can park in that big parking lot at Kellogg Park, right? I think Zulu mentioned before that we would drop our equipment off and park on side streets. Also, is the Marine Room walking distance from the park?

You can park wherever you like, I'd probably pick the parking lot. It's a short walk to get to the Marine Room from where we are going to setup. Failing that, we could direct you to a parking closer to the Marine Room. If you're nice, I may just take you guys there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom