Wrinkles November Dive 11-21

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

saf_25:
And me, too. I asked earlier but don't recall seeing a response. I'll be coming in the afternoon, probably just after lunch, but want to bring something. What do you think we'll need then? I don't want to be accused of mooching off everyone else without contributing my fair share....

Stacy,

Come and mooch away!! No, really, I had put you down for "Afternoon snack - cookies or fruit" since I believe that is what you offered... BBQ Items

Jen

sapphire:
Stacy,

Come and mooch away!! No, really, I had put you down for "Afternoon snack - cookies or fruit" since I believe that is what you offered... BBQ Items

Jen

Ah, ok, that sounds familiar. It's starting to come back now. Wow - this has been a long couple of weeks, it's starting to take it's toll.

Grapes sound good, don't they? I wonder if I can find some in season... Well, if I can, that's what we're having! Thanks for reminding me.

Are we doing the sunrise thing on Sunday. How about 8 o'clock. What time did we stroll through there last weekend 10 or so and the place was empty.

I'll be teaching a Rescue Class in the morning...probably at Shaw's but MAYBE at Diver's (right next door). Ross and I may drop by and see how things are going. What's the itinerary?

Yes, I have water and I will see you all Sunday. I've been working to much to keep up with the thread.

George

wrinkles:
same as San Deigo I think

I like having an early early dive....then a morning dive, then an afternoon, eat then a night dive...So the same as san diego

Ana

Ana,

What does "early early" mean? Since being IN THE WATER at 7:30 last weekend seemed to negatively affect the viz... any ideas of checking the tide chart to plan a good time for the first dive?

Jen

Also, if people are bringing guests and family members, I could use that information for a "burger count"... Roger, are you bringing Tina and the family (I hope because they added so much to La Jolla :))? I do have Emily but that is the only addition I know of...

JDog:
Are we doing the sunrise thing on Sunday. How about 8 o'clock. What time did we stroll through there last weekend 10 or so and the place was empty.
Well since you are the cook, you have to be there early.
To put up, the taco stand!!!!!!!!

sapphire:
Ana,

What does "early early" mean? Since being IN THE WATER at 7:30 last weekend seemed to negatively affect the viz... any ideas of checking the tide chart to plan a good time for the first dive?

Jen

Also, if people are bringing guests and family members, I could use that information for a "burger count"... Roger, are you bringing Tina and the family (I hope because they added so much to La Jolla :))? I do have Emily but that is the only addition I know of...
Put one more guest on the list, I’m bringing the last member of the traveling group. :11:

sapphire:
Ana,

Jen

Here are the tidal predictions:

Newport Bay Entrance, Corona del Mar, California (2)
33.6000° N, 117.9000° W

2004-11-20 23:01 PST 0.36 feet Low Tide
2004-11-21 05:43 PST 5.15 feet High Tide
2004-11-21 06:29 PST Sunrise
2004-11-21 11:59 PST 1.31 feet Low Tide
2004-11-21 16:45 PST Sunset
2004-11-21 17:39 PST 4.22 feet High Tide
2004-11-21 23:42 PST 0.67 feet Low Tide
2004-11-22 06:13 PST 5.51 feet High Tide

So, high tides are at 5:43 am and 5:39 pm. Since sunset is at 4:45 that makes for a perfect night dive at about 5:30 pm. It looks like the best time in the morning will be at about 5:30 am which would also be night dive since the sun doesn't rise until 6:30.

Could anyone with experience in that area let us know what the best places to dive are during low tide?

Christian

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom