Wrinkles March '06 Dive Planning Thread - Catalina Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HBDiveGirl:
Claudette
(I'll be the one in black with a long hose...:D )

Hey, I thought I would be the only one there wearing black and using the long hose. Well, to set myself apart I will be using a back plate.:D

Mark Vlahos

I will be easy to spot. I will be the one waddling behind Claudette, Christian and Rick. . .

. . . . asking silly newbie questions like, "koolaid: stir to the right, or the left?"

It's going to rain this weekend, I'm thinking of cancelling..........convince me otherwise!!!!!!!

Okay, I'll be there Sunday, arriving on the 8:30 a.m. Express from Long Beach and going back at 3:45 p.m.

In case anyone else is interested, Scuba Luv rents nitrox tanks with advance reservation, but it's aluminum 80's only.

ShakaZulu:
convince me otherwise!!!!!!!

It is NOT going to rain.

(disclaimer: the above cannot be held as fact and is merely conjecture, especially on upcominging weekends, but can be held as gospel for previous weekends, especially the ones where there is no rain. As a crystal prognostication ball tool, be sure to bring your drysuit, or wetsuit and an umbrella. The umbrella can be used as a walking stick, or a stick to swat at grumpy, whiny lil children who clammer underfoot, or small animals, like the cute furry kittycats who if I find in front of a sport utility vehicle of any size, {even the Honda Element} make fodder for great road pizza. . . .)

Nemesis Enforcer:
I will be easy to spot. I will be the one waddling behind Claudette, Christian and Rick. . .

. . . . asking silly newbie questions like, "koolaid: stir to the right, or the left?"
To thoroughly differentiate the more robust KoolAid (involved in the acquisition of DIRness) from the ordinary supermarket koolaid, the Sacred DIR/K.A. Solution should be placed in a .6 cu.ft. pitcher with leak-proof lid... and shaken.

Or so I've heard. :)
FundyGuppy

HBDiveGirl:
leak-proof lid... and shaken.

Ahhhhhhhhh Ha! therein lies the secret to trim and perfect bouyancy in a drysuit.

Oh thank you, thank you dear Guppy Master

. . . . newbie learning to read between the lines, I am. . .

ShakaZulu:
It's going to rain this weekend, I'm thinking of cancelling..........convince me otherwise!!!!!!!

From WeatherBug:
Saturday and Saturday Night
Mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance of rain showers. Breezy. Highs in the 50s. Lows in the upper 30s to mid 40s.

Only thing I can tell you is that it's just a forecast, tentative and subject to change. In fact, I have seen the forecast change for this weekend several times in the last few days.

Also, if it does rain and diving is out of the question, it would be a shame not to share my misery with others.

Nemesis Enforcer:
. . . . newbie learning to read between the lines, I am. . .
Hey! Stop that! You're not allowed to do lines until Cave I!

hbkoolaidgirl

eyebrow

I'd thought I was going to have to sit this one out due to prior and unavoidable obligations Saturday. Then I noticed how many people were saying they'd be staying and diving Sunday too. So...

I just got off the phone and have reservations for the 4:15 out of Long Beach Saturday, a room at the Hermosa for the night and a return trip at 7:30 Sunday evening. Woohoo!

See you all soon,

Adam

Back
Top Bottom