Wrinkles March '05 Dive Planning Thread - Catalina Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubalaurel:
So, is it going to be the second Sat of every month, different counties?
Yes, but I think we'll need to make an adjustment for the weekend of the Scuba Show in Long Beach which I believe is the second weekend. Since that is a couple of months away I think we can discuss that after we get back from Catalina.

Christian

TeqP:
Is anyone meeting up at Long Beach to take the boat over?
A group of us is meeting at the Queen Mary, Long Beach location to take the Catalina Express over at 6:15AM. This gets us there at between 7 and 7:30. We are planning on leaving on the last boat to Long Beach at 7:30PM, so that we can have some time to hang out and have some dinner after diving.

I was considering spending the night on Friday and Saturday since the Hermosa has rooms for $25 per night right now, but have not made up my mind yet. If anyone is interested in doing this, we could get a couple of dives in on Sunday as well before taking an afternoon boat back. I figure that with one more person to share the room with this would only cost $25 to arrive the night before stay an extra day. If anyone wants to do this, let me know.

Christian

headhunter:
A group of us is meeting at the Queen Mary, Long Beach location to take the Catalina Express over at 6:15AM. This gets us there at between 7 and 7:30. We are planning on leaving on the last boat to Long Beach at 7:30PM, so that we can have some time to hang out and have some dinner after diving.

I was considering spending the night on Friday and Saturday since the Hermosa has rooms for $25 per night right now, but have not made up my mind yet. If anyone is interested in doing this, we could get a couple of dives in on Sunday as well before taking an afternoon boat back. I figure that with one more person to share the room with this would only cost $25 to arrive the night before stay an extra day. If anyone wants to do this, let me know.

Christian

Really, let me call those guys.?

scubapro5:
There doesn't seem to be very many people meeting up at Catalina this month and I wonder if its just bad timing,location,or?

If the location was on the mainland we could have made it any weekend this month =(

For me and my family its too expensive to make any of the Catalina trips.
I agree with Ken. I think it was timing for most. We decided on this so late that many others had plans already or didn't have enough time to make plans. This was probably a good one to have short notice on because it does not involve our usual BBQ planning. As it is, I think we'll still have about 10 people there by the time this Saturday rolls around.

Next month I think the LA county Wrinkles Dive might be at Leo Carrillo, so that might be a good one to make into a weekend campout, like we did in December. People could either come for both days and camp out or just come on Saturday or Sunday.

Christian

Christain, I will be there Friday Night......just got a room at Hermosa. Stephanie will join on Saterday and we will come back on Sunday 4:30pm.

ShakaZulu:
Christain, I will be there Friday Night......just got a room at Hermosa. Stephanie will join on Saterday and we will come back on Sunday 4:30pm.
I just left you a message on your Cell Phone. Call me.

Christian

OK, I just booked everything for the whole weekend.

Leaving Queen Mary, Long Beach for Avalon at 10AM Friday, Mar. 11th
Leavind Avalon for Queen Mary, Long Beach at 6PM on Sunday, Mar. 13

Staying at the Hermosa Hotel on Friday night, Mar. 11th and Saturday night, March 12.

If anyone wants to share the room on Friday and/or Saturday let me know.

Christian

scubapro5:
There doesn't seem to be very many people meeting up at Catalina this month and I wonder if its just bad timing,location,or?

If the location was on the mainland we could have made it any weekend this month =(

For me and my family its too expensive to make any of the Catalina trips.

For me, I have to say it's the timing. Not too pricey for me as my family would probably want to stay home :eyebrow: (Woo hoo - No Mom this weekend!--The boys would have the pizza guy on a delivery schedule and wouldn't move off the couch! Jamie would definately spend it outside chasing the little white ball.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom