Wrinkles March '05 Dive Planning Thread - Catalina Island

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Plans are to go camping next weekend. If schedule changes see you all @ the island, a margarita sound good rignt about now....late :11: ....settle for on the rocks.

Sounds like it will be a gorgeous weekend for diving (80's and sunny). Wish I could join you guys, but while you are diving I will be inspecting a reef off the Kona coast.

Play nice together.

I'm going to miss it too. I'll be diving off of San Nick too! Woo Hoo!

Is anyone meeting up at Long Beach to take the boat over? If so, what time? I may be able to get there in time for the second dive. Can you rent weights on the island (trying to cut down on my load to carry)?

Thanks,
Phil

Too poor for Catalina. next time maybe

TeqP:
Is anyone meeting up at Long Beach to take the boat over? If so, what time? I may be able to get there in time for the second dive. Can you rent weights on the island (trying to cut down on my load to carry)?

Thanks,
Phil

As well as tanks and stuff, too.

The fridge snickers rule! I recommend buying those and not renting, however.

---
Ken

So, is it going to be the second Sat of every month, different counties? I'm in San Nick this weekend. Ken's right - we are a bunch of SoCal wackos! But we're diving and gettin' :bugs:!

Let the hunt begin....

There doesn't seem to be very many people meeting up at Catalina this month and I wonder if its just bad timing,location,or?

If the location was on the mainland we could have made it any weekend this month =(

For me and my family its too expensive to make any of the Catalina trips.

Unfortunately, I'm flying early Sunday morning so won't be able to make it this time around. Hopefully, catch up with you all in April.

Grey_Wulff

scubapro5:
There doesn't seem to be very many people meeting up at Catalina this month and I wonder if its just bad timing,location,or?

If the location was on the mainland we could have made it any weekend this month =(

For me and my family its too expensive to make any of the Catalina trips.

I'd never miss this one, and I can speak for several of us who'd never miss a Cat trip - but this is the last weekend before the Lobster closer, so several of us are going hunting this weekend. Next time in the cycle, at least 5 - 6 more of us will be here, for sure.

Not Wrinkles, of course. But at least 5 - 6 more of us.

---
Ken

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom