Wrinkles June '06 Dive Planning Thread - Laguna Beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Empty V:
That is the lamest thing I have ever heard of. I guess I'll have to bring my griddle then. When there's uncooked food, there's always a way!

Since this beach seems so hardcore on regulating natural behaviors, do I need to bring my new dive float?

Christian, are there any other regulations that you can remember about this place? Is breathing permitted on the beach?

Billy
You da man! Da griddle man!

The dive Dive Float police are located at Redondo Beach. We were actually interrogated about this at our last Wrinkles Dive at Redondo. A Coast Guard vessel approached us as we were floating around near the edge of the canyon. At least that makes sense though, since we are next to shipping access to King Harbor.

Breathing permits may be obtained as travel beyond the Orange Curtain from L.A. County.

Christian

The only piece of dive gear I've lost so far (other than a couple of bag weights and a pair of EMT shears) is my snorkel which is somewhere near Honduras. I'm reminded that I might need to borrow one on Saturday or risk being incarcerated in the OC Supermax Snorkel Hoosegow.

Jim

Empty V:
So what happens if you dont wear your snorkel? I dont think I'll be the one to test authority, if thats what it can be called, I'm just curious.

-Billy
The snorkel police nabbed me on memorial day weekend, i rented my son some gear so he could dive, I put my snorkel in his pocket. The lifeguard wasn't going to let me dive unless I beg, borrowed or stole [well maybe not] one, luckily Shaw's was full and some guy overheard and loaned me a snorkel. On exit low and behold I found a snorkel in the surf zone. I gave it to the lifeguard for the next perpetrator to come along. :D

Was it the one I lost in Honduras?

John and I will be there... put us down for dessert. Rumor has it that Wrinkles herself may make an appearance!

Jennifer

Todd, Jim, Dave, Ruben, Rene, Ann Marie (Jamie)... are you planning to come??

Jennifer, that's great. Will see you there. It's been a long time. Hopefully Ana will come as well.

drbill:
Jennifer, that's great. Will see you there. It's been a long time. Hopefully Ana will come as well.

What’s this ….do my eyes deceive me ? :wink: Does this suggest that DrBill will make two Wrinkles dives on the mainland in a row ?

I'm afraid there is a very good chance that will happen. I'm planning to head over to dive buddy Andrea's Friday night so we can join everyone Sat. We hope to return to LJS the following day to dive there again. However, do NOT expect this to become a long-term trend! I just want to finally get an actual dive in in Laguna Beach if only to prove to myself that it can be done.

Back
Top Bottom