Wrinkles January '05 Dive and BBQ planning thread - La Jolla

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, the good news is, I sold my house Wednesday. The bad news is, I just found out this evening that the home inspection is tomorrow morning. I need to be there for the inspection, so no fun for me. If I can make it later in the afternoon, and still have time to fill my tanks afterwards for a boat dive on Sunday, then I'll be there. I wouldn't count on it though.

As far as those of you lucky enough to be able to go, I say head on down there, you won't be sorry. The rain is supposed to stop early this evening, all reports are for partly cloudy in the morning, sunny in the afternoon. The coastal areas can have huge surf, 8' +, and it doesn't affect the Shores, that's why we dive there in the winter time. I've seen huge waves breaking just a short distance away in the Cove, while diving at the Shores was great with 1' or less waves. There's a lot to be said for a long, gently sloping bottom (under the ocean I mean, get your mind out of the gutter).

John

krowsea:
Well, the good news is, I sold my house Wednesday. The bad news is, I just found out this evening that the home inspection is tomorrow morning. I need to be there for the inspection, so no fun for me. <snipped>
John

Congrats on selling your house John! Question for you: Are you sure you need to be there for the inspection? I am a Realtor and I can tell you there is nothing more stressful for a seller than to be present for the inspection. If the buyer's agent is there then you may be able (and even encouraged) to let them handle it.

Hope you can make it!

Deb

kelphelper:
I am a Realtor...
Deb

Deb.... come back from the dark side!! Who knew? (a Realtor!) :wink:

Actually, the need to be there is mine. There's still a lock box on the door, but I feel the need to be there to observe, answer any questions or concerns that come up if needed, and hopefully head any small problems off before they become big problems. If a simple answer or articulate response can mitigate or erase a concern, the better. Besides, I have a tough time with strangers prowling around my house (at least until February 28th) when I'm not around. :eyebrow:

Have fun at the Shores!!

John

kelphelper:
Congrats on selling your house John! Question for you: Are you sure you need to be there for the inspection? I am a Realtor and I can tell you there is nothing more stressful for a seller than to be present for the inspection. If the buyer's agent is there then you may be able (and even encouraged) to let them handle it.

Hope you can make it!

Deb
John,
As a fellow Realtor(r) of only 20 years (gee where did all that time go?) let me echo Deb's comment. Your agent should be able to address any questions. I have usually found it much better if the seller was not there, and I normally represent sellers. The inspector will explain things to the buyer and agent and let them know what is a big deal, no big deal and just nice to know. It really is better that way.

We are in la Jolla, Is 11:40 P.M. Is clear And sunny 70f, tomorrow is going to be better. :dazzler1:

can someone bring the tool necessary to open the Cobra to replace the battery? I wanted to toy with mine tonight, but the battery is dead.

kelphelper:
shaxs,

What kind of tool is it? Is it part of the standard diver tool set or is it an allen wrench or ???

Deb

I'll see if OE can replace it todat when I go to get air. Its some wierd slot I don;t recgonize...not screw driver, not a hex or star...

Is there a cell phone number of the person(s) in charge of this so I can call if need be?

Thankyou all for coming.............Good to see all of you, I had a great time. As a social event it was a success. Damn, those waves were big, anyone see any fins??

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom